LUPANE STATE UNIVERSITY, LSU UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
FACULTY OF Agriculture SCIENCES
Entry requirements for undergraduate students
- Have obtained a pass at A level in the following TWO core subjects or their recognised equivalents (which are specified in the general regulations): biology and chemistry.
- Have obtained at least five O-Level subjects, including
- English Language and Mathematics
- Holders of relevant Diplomas from recognised Agricultural colleges or other recognised institutions will be admitted provided that they have attained an approved standard of performance in their Diplomas. Those students who, after assessment by the Departmental interviewing panel and after scrutiny of their transcripts, are deemed to deserve it may be exempted from part of the programme
- The five subjects at Ordinary level should include English Language with at least a C grade.
- Apart from five subjects at Ordinary level, a student must have passed at least two subjects at A level. Preference shall be given to candidates with A-level Management of Business, Business Studies, sociology, or any Arts subjects.
- In approved cases, a student may be exempted from Part I courses on the condition that the student does not complete the full-time programme in less than three full academic years.
- Special Entry: Candidates who have successfully completed the Higher National Diploma in Human Resources Management or have otherwise obtained equivalent qualifications and have passed the Diploma with merit (credits and distinctions) in half of the programme courses may apply for direct entry into Part II of the degree programme.
FACULTY OF COMMERCE
- For entry into the programme, students must have passed five subjects at Ordinary Level (or its equivalent), including English, with at least a C grade.
- Apart from five (5) subjects at the ordinary level, a student must have passed at least two subjects at the Advanced Level.
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Candidates must have passed five subjects at the ordinary level, and the subjects should include English with at least a C grade or better.
- Apart from five (5) subjects at the ordinary level, a student must have passed at least two subjects at the Advanced Level. One of the subjects should preferably be Geography, History, Management of Business, Sociology, Law, Economics or agriculture.
- A Diploma in Development Studies, Education, Agriculture, Nursing, or Public Health, or equivalent, from this university or a recognised institution with a merit pass or higher
LUPANE STATE UNIVERSITY, LSU POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
Entry requirements for a Postgraduate degree programme
A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited University in a subject or subjects relevant to the course applied for
Duration of Programme: 1 Academic Year
Entry requirements for a Masters degree programme
A bachelor’s degree or postgraduate diploma from an accredited University in a subject or subjects relevant to the course applied for
Duration of the Programme: 2 Academic Years
For further Inquiries, please leave a comment below.