We are pleased and excited to announce to you that the Mount Kenya University (MKU) Online Application for the 2023/2024 academic year is now open for all interested and qualified applicants. We are not just making this announcement known but also providing various steps on how to apply online for Mount Kenya University (MKU) admission.
STEPS ON HOW TO APPLY ONLINE FOR MOUNT KENYA UNIVERSITY (MKU) ADMISSION
To use the MKU online application feature, you must have a working internet device, a valid email address which is not shared with another Mount Kenya University (MKU) applicant, your Kenyan identity number, or, if you are an international applicant, and your passport number. Kindly follow the easy steps below to apply online for Mount Kenya University (MKU) admission:
1. Apply Online (How to Apply Online at Mount Kenya University (MKU))
- Step 1: Please apply online via the MKU Application Portal if you are enrolling for Undergraduate Program.
- Step 2: If you are a first time user, you will then be prompted to fill in the information in the required fields.
- Step 3: You will then be taken to the page where you will be required to fill in all the necessary information like your Personal Details, Nationality, Address Information, disability information, Study Choices, Residential Address, Postal Address, Contact Details, Demographic Details, Next of Kin, Emergency Contact, Current Activities, Education, Indemnity and Undertaking, make Payment and upload the necessary Documents.
- Step 5: Complete all the fields and click ‘Next’ at each interval to proceed.
- Step 6: When you are done, kindly click on the ‘Submit‘ button to get your application submitted.
2. Acknowledgement of Application
- You will receive an email confirming online submission of your application immediately.
- Within three working days, you should receive formal acknowledgment of your application along with your student number and log-in details.
- Note this acknowledgement does not mean you’ve been accepted or admitted to Mount Kenya University (MKU).
3. Upload Supporting Documents
In order to consider your application, please upload every necessary supporting documents listed below on this article. If the application is incomplete, it may be declined by the college.
4. Acceptance of Offer
When we update your application, you will receive an email communication. Please monitor your email account closely for updates. You can also check your status online with the log-in credentials that we will send you after you apply. We are not permitted to disclose your application status telephonically.
LIST OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR MOUNT KENYA UNIVERSITY (MKU) ONLINE APPLICATION
Upload certified copies of the following in PDF format when you apply for undergraduate studies:
- Your ID if you are a Kenyan citizen
- Your passport if you are an international student
- Your guardian/parent’s ID or passport if you are younger than 18 years
- High School Senior Certificate if you have already matriculated
- Your academic record, only if you are a current student at another institution of higher learning
I hope we have been able to make your Mount Kenya University (MKU) online application for 2023/2024 seamless and easy. Mount Kenya University (MKU) is really a place to be and we have our reasons for that. According to a statement on the universities website, over the years, they’ve provided world class education, research and innovation for global transformation and sustainable development.”
Mount Kenya University, MKU Application Fee
Application fee differs according to the level, of course, being applied for. i.e Kshs 1,000 For Certificate, Diplomas and Undergraduate programmes; Kshs 2,000 For Post-Graduate programmes for Kenyan applicants and US Dollars 50 for all non-Kenyan applicants.
Payment to be deposited in either of the following Bank Accounts
- Equity Bank, ACC. No- 0090292435067 SWIFT CODE EQBLKENA
- KCB Bank, Acc. No – 1121032222
- Coop Bank, Acc. No – 01129279981300 SWIFT CODE KCOOKENA
- GT Bank, ACC. No- 2014200002
- Standard Chartered Bank, ACC. No- 0102049817400 SWIFT CODE SCBLKENX
- Family Bank, ACC. No- 005000019336
- Money Order / Banker’s Cheque payable to Mount Kenya University.
Gather all the necessary documents and get ready to follow the steps on our website to a successful Mount Kenya University (MKU) online application. We will try as much as possible to make your application smooth and seamless. But before we proceed, remember that this application is open to all prospective diploma and certificate students. The only thing you need right now to apply for admission to the prestigious Mount Kenya University (MKU) is to be eligible and ready.
The management of the Mount Kenya University (MKU) is no stranger to technology, as they have made this application exclusively online, unlike the rigorous task of going through the paper-based application (only when necessary). Therefore, they have opened their application portal for all high school leavers and those trying to further their studies either through part- time or full time.