The application for the PhD fellowships for the academic year 2023/2024 is now open by Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds for all International Students in Germany.
The Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the 2023/2024 fellowships. The Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds has set-up a tertiary fellowships to bolster capacity, expertise and work opportunities related to different sectors. It is intended for tertiary students at the Postgraduate. The university will provide financial support for high achieving candidates. The fellowship comprises a competitive monthly stipend that is initially granted for 2 years and that can be extended for up to another 12 months. Participation in international scientific conferences is also supported. In addition, fellowship holders are offered personal support, seminars to discuss their projects, communication training and alumni meetings, and thus can become part of a worldwide network. Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds has allocated fellowships specifically for the following fields below.
The Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds and its community believe in the potential of youth. We believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth. Education creates opportunities for youth to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the economy, achieve upward mobility, and change the world for the better for all in it.
For the PhD fellowships, we are looking for students who will be meeting the admission requirements and other eligibility requirements of the hosting universities stated below.
PHD FELLOWSHIPS APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
Eligible courses are:
- Fellowships are awarded in the field of basic biomedical research and aimed at elucidating basic biological phenomena of human life and acquiring new scientific knowledge.
Eligible criteria are:
- The Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds (BIF) awards PhD fellowships to European citizens working in Europe or overseas and to non-European citizens pursuing their PhD projects in Europe.
- Your first university entrance qualification (secondary or high school leaving certificate, A-levels, or entrance/access test for first university studies after finishing school) must not have been completed more than 8 years, i.e. 96 months ago.
- Natural scientists should have been awarded their last university degree before embarking on their PhD (BSc, Diploma, MSc, or equivalent). If you have not yet finished your MSc studies and/or have not received your MSc degree certificate by the deadline, you can submit it up to four months after the deadline.
- Physicians, veterinary surgeons, and pharmacists should have passed their state examinations.
- Natural scientists should have been awarded their diploma, BSc, MSc or equivalent degree; physicians, veterinary surgeons and pharmacists should have passed their state examinations.
HOW TO APPLY FOR PHD FELLOWSHIPS
Applications must be submitted online at:
Kindly attach the following documents:
Please note you will need to ensure all the below documents are accessible on the device (cellphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) you will be using to apply. The documents include:
- The requirement include:
- An application form on the online portal including a PDF copy containing documents:
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- Title and summary of PhD project (max. 1,400 characters including spaces)
- Project proposal
- Reasons for wishing to work with the proposed group
- Summary of the final experimental thesis
- List of applicant’s publications
- Scans of certificates of all academic qualifications (including grades) and certificates of professional education prior to university (if applicable); in chronological order, newest on top. If the language of certificates is other than English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, or Turkish, please provide a translation.
- Scans of high school diploma/secondary school leaving certificate.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted on or before 1 June, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on Facebook & follow us on Follow @EAfinder OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.