The application for the WMF Empowerment Through Education Scholarships for the academic year 2023/2024 is now open by Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) for all International Students in USA.
The Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the 2023/2024 Scholarship. The Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) has set-up a tertiary scholarship to bolster capacity, expertise and work opportunities related to different sectors. It is intended for tertiary students at the Bachelor’s degree or diploma. The university will provide financial support for high achieving candidates. The selected winners from developing countries will receive a $1000 scholarship from Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI). Financial support primarily covers tuition, school fees, and related expenses, including books and supplies. The WMI scholarship does not always cover the full cost of tuition and associated educational expenses. Scholarships are generally granted for the full study period; however, recipients must maintain good grades and participate in community service.. Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) has allocated scholarship specifically for the following fields below.
The Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) and its community believe in the potential of youth. We believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth. Education creates opportunities for youth to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the economy, achieve upward mobility, and change the world for the better for all in it.
For the WMF Empowerment Through Education Scholarships, we are looking for students who will be meeting the admission requirements and other eligibility requirements of the hosting universities stated below.
WMF EMPOWERMENT THROUGH EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
Eligible courses are:
- The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
Eligible criteria are:
- Applicants must be a student, male or female, from a country in the developing world who:
- Completed secondary education with good to excellent grades
- Is 35 or under on March 1, 2023
- Applicants will be studying in their country or another country in the developing world*
- Applicants are pursuing their first bachelor’s degree or diploma
- Applicants will be enrolled in a program of study that will benefit the community and/or contributes to the continued growth and advancement of him/her home country
- Plans to live and work in their own country after graduation
- Has demonstrated their commitment to giving back and has volunteered before applying
- They may have some other funds available for their education but will not be able to pursue their tertiary degree without financial assistance
- Before applying, applicants are strongly encouraged to read the WMI Scholar Program Information Sheet and the Frequently Asked Questions for Prospective Scholars
- English language skills are required.
HOW TO APPLY FOR WMF EMPOWERMENT THROUGH EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIPS
Applications must be submitted online at:
Kindly attach the following documents:
Please note you will need to ensure all the below documents are accessible on the device (cellphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) you will be using to apply. The documents include:
- The requirement include:
- Clear personal photo
- Essay (topic is stated on the application form)
- 2023 application form
- Personal essay statement
- Two recommendation letters
- Official transcript of grades from secondary school
- Official grading key to interpret secondary school grades
- Official transcript of grades from tertiary studies (if applicable)
- Official grading key to interpret tertiary grades
- Official results from your national exam
- Official grading key to interpret scores on your national exam.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted on or before 1 March, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.