The application for the CCRIF Postgraduate Scholarships for the academic year 2023/2024 is now open by CCRIF SPC for CARICOM Member Countries and/or CCRIF Member Countries in Caribbean.
The CCRIF SPC hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the 2023/2024 Scholarship. The CCRIF SPC has set-up a tertiary scholarship to bolster capacity, expertise and work opportunities related to different sectors. It is intended for tertiary students at the Postgraduate. The university will provide financial support for high achieving candidates. Awards of US$4,000 per year value will be awarded. CCRIF SPC has allocated scholarship specifically for the following fields below.
The CCRIF SPC and its community believe in the potential of youth. We believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth. Education creates opportunities for youth to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the economy, achieve upward mobility, and change the world for the better for all in it.
For the CCRIF Postgraduate Scholarships, we are looking for students who will be meeting the admission requirements and other eligibility requirements of the hosting universities stated below.
CCRIF POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
Eligible courses are:
- Faculty of Science and Technology at Mona for a Masters degree in Natural Resource Management (Option – Disaster Management).
- Faculty of Science and Technology at Cave Hill for a Masters degree in Natural Resource and Environmental Management, Faculty of Engineering at St. Augustine for a Masters degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Social Sciences at Cave Hill for a Masters degree in Building and Construction Management.
Eligible criteria are:
- The criteria are open to CARICOM nationals as well as nationals of the 16 member countries of CCRIF pursuing a course of post-graduate study in any one of the following four programmes:
- Applicants should be holders of a First Class or Upper Second Class Honours degree or have a GPA of at least 3.0. The programs will be awarded to students who have demonstrated exceptional performance in academic achievement, and preference may be given to involvement in the field of disaster management or sustainable development in the Caribbean and a record of University community service achievements as well as broader community involvement.
- CARICOM member countries and/or CCRIF member countries in the Caribbean (Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Haiti, Jamaica, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago and Turks & Caicos Islands) can apply.
- Applicants should be holders of a First Class or Upper Second Class Honours degree (or have a GPA of at least 3.0).
- Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
HOW TO APPLY FOR CCRIF POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS
Applications must be submitted online at:
Kindly attach the following documents:
Please note you will need to ensure all the below documents are accessible on the device (cellphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) you will be using to apply. The documents include:
- The requirement include:
- Office of Graduate Studies and Research at the Cave Hill, Mona, St. Augustine, Campuses or the School for Graduate Studies and Research at the Regional Headquarters, Hermitage Road, Kingston 7, Jamaica W.I., OR
- You can also email a copy of the application with all the relevant documents to sgsr-at-uwimona.edu.jm under subject CCRIF Graduates while we await the original documentation.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted on or before July 3, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.