The application for the E4D Continuing Education Scholarships for the academic year 2023/2024 is now open by ETH Zurich for Candidates from Low-Income Countries in Switzerland.
The ETH Zurich hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the 2023/2024 Scholarship. The ETH Zurich has set-up a tertiary scholarship to bolster capacity, expertise and work opportunities related to different sectors. It is intended for tertiary students at the Master’s Degree. The university will provide financial support for high achieving candidates. Expenses will be covered in Economy roundtrip ticket (max. 2’000 CHF), Visa fees, Living allowance for the duration of the program (2’000 CHF per month if the program is longer than 3 weeks. 800 CHF per week if the program duration is up to 3 weeks), ETH general tuition fee waiver (660 CHF per semester) .ETH Zurich has allocated scholarship specifically for the following fields below.
The ETH Zurich and its community believe in the potential of youth. We believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth. Education creates opportunities for youth to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the economy, achieve upward mobility, and change the world for the better for all in it.
For the E4D Continuing Education Scholarships, we are looking for students who will be meeting the admission requirements and other eligibility requirements of the hosting universities stated below.
E4D CONTINUING EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
Eligible courses are:
- Scholarships are awarded to pursue MSc degree in Advanced Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering Structures, Civil Engineering Structures (Nuclear Power Plants), Construction Management, Energy & Environmental Technology & Economics, Internet of Things with Entrepreneurship, Maritime Operations & Management, Maritime Operations & Management in Greece, Project Management, Finance & Risk, Renewable Energy & Power Systems Management and Temporary Works & Construction Method Engineering.
Eligible criteria are:
- Students from low-income countries are eligible to apply: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde* (Capo Verde), Central African Republic, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, The Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep., Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, FYR, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, RB, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- To participate in this scholarship, the Candidate must come from a country classified as Low Income or Lower Middle Income Country according to the DAC-list of the OECD.
- The candidate must have been admitted to an ETH MAS, DAS or CAS program based on his/her academic and professional qualifications. Applications for the E4D scholarship scheme and the continuing education program can be submitted in parallel.
- Candidate must hold a completed and recognized Master’s degree from a university.
- English Language Requirement.
HOW TO APPLY FOR E4D CONTINUING EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIPS
Applications must be submitted online at:
Kindly attach the following documents:
Please note you will need to ensure all the below documents are accessible on the device (cellphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) you will be using to apply. The documents include:
- The requirement include:
- CV6 of the candidate, MSc or Masters Diploma and academic transcript(s)
- Certificate of employment
- 1-2 page application letter, stating the motivation to attend the program and the impact for the candidate’s career development and beyond
- Two professional references, Formal admission letter from the School for Continuing Education confirming that the candidate is admitted to the MAS
- DAS or CAS program (can be submitted after the application deadline).
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted on or before April 30, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.