The application for the Ernst Mach Grant for the academic year 2023/2024 is now open by Salzburg University of Applied Sciences for all International Students in Austria.
The Salzburg University of Applied Sciences hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the 2023/2024 Grants. The Salzburg University of Applied Sciences has set-up a tertiary grants to bolster capacity, expertise and work opportunities related to different sectors. It is intended for tertiary students at the Bachelor and Master. Supplementary grant, own funds are require: Monthly grant rate EUR 1,150, Assistance in arranging accommodation and health insurance, Grant holders do not have to pay tuition fees in Austria. They might have to hand in a request at the rector’s office of their respective host university and demonstrate that they are studying or doing research in the context of transnational EU, national, or university mobility programs. Scholarship holders from non-European developing countries will also receive a travel costs subsidy of max. EUR 1,000. Salzburg University of Applied Sciences has allocated grants specifically for the following fields below.
The Salzburg University of Applied Sciences and its community believe in the potential of youth. We believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth. Education creates opportunities for youth to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the economy, achieve upward mobility, and change the world for the better for all in it.
For the Ernst Mach Grant, we are looking for students who will be meeting the admission requirements and other eligibility requirements of the hosting universities stated below.
ERNST MACH GRANT APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
Eligible courses are:
- Non-resident’s bachelor degree programmes offered at Utah Valley can be undertaken.
Eligible criteria are:
- Afghanistan; Algeria; American Samoa; Angola; Antigua and Barbuda; Argentina; Armenia; Australia; Azerbaijan; Bahamas; Bahrain; Bangladesh; Barbados; Belize; Benin; Bhutan; Bolivia; Botswana; Brazil; Brunei Darussalam; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cabo Verde; Cambodia; Cameroon; Canada; Central African Republic; Chad; Chile; China; Colombia; Comoros; Congo; Congo – Democratic Republic of the; Costa Rica; Cote D’Ivoire; Cuba; Djibouti; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Egypt; El Salvador; Equatorial Guinea; Eritrea; Eswatini; Ethiopia; Fiji; Gabon; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Grenada; Guatemala; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Haiti; Honduras; India; Indonesia; Iran; Iraq; Israel; Jamaica; Japan; Jordan; Kazakhstan; Kenya; Kiribati; Korea – Democratic People’s Republic of; Korea – Republic of; Kuwait; Kyrgyzstan; Lao People’s Democratic Republic; Lebanon; Lesotho; Liberia; Libya; Madagascar; Malawi; Malaysia; Maldives; Mali; Marshall Islands; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mexico; Micronesia – Federated States of; Mongolia; Morocco; Mozambique; Myanmar; Namibia; Nauru; Nepal; New Zealand; Nicaragua; Niger; Nigeria; Oman; Pakistan; Palau; Palestinian territories; Panama; Papua New Guinea; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines; Qatar; Rwanda; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Sao Tome and Principe; Saudi Arabia; Senegal; Seychelles; Sierra Leone; Singapore; Solomon Islands; Somalia; South Africa; South Sudan; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Suriname; Syrian Arab Republic; Taiwan; Tajikistan; Tanzania – United Republic of; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Togo; Tonga; Trinidad and Tobago; Tunisia; Turkmenistan; Tuvalu; Uganda; Ukraine; United Arab Emirates; United States; Uruguay; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu; Venezuela; Viet Nam; Western Sahara; Yemen; Zambia; Zimbabwe students are eligible to apply.
- Applicants can only apply for stays at universities of applied sciences, called Fachhochschulen in German. Universities of applied sciences are special universities and offer degrees only from a limited field of study. For an overview of eligible universities and their programs, visit http://www.fachhochschulen.ac.at/en.
- Applicants are only eligible if they are accepted as an exchange student or free mover for an exchange stay at a university of applied sciences.
- Applicants are studying a Master Program at a university in one of the defined countries of origin. OR
- are studying a Bachelor Program at a university in one of the defined countries of origin and have completed at least 4 semesters of studies by the time of taking up the grant
- are accepted as exchange students at FH Salzburg (Contact: Tina Gsenger)
- have excellent English and/or German skills
- are staying 4 to 10 months in Austria
- are not older than 35
- must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant
- An online application must include a financial plan that covers your estimated living costs in Austria.
- Applicants must have good knowledge of English and/or German. There is no need to submit official testing certificates, such as TOEFL, etc., but you should have sufficient knowledge of English in the respective subject area.
HOW TO APPLY FOR ERNST MACH GRANT
Applications must be submitted online at:
Kindly attach the following documents:
Please note you will need to ensure all the below documents are accessible on the device (cellphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) you will be using to apply. The documents include:
- The requirement include:
- Two letters of recommendation by university lecturers. Normally, applicants must upload their letters of recommendation into their online application account. Applicants can have the letters sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as scanned attachments.
- Applicants will be asked to upload a written confirmation from their home university that the exams passed in Austria will be recognized by their home university.
- Submit the Transcript of Records from the current or last semester.
- A valid, biometric passport must be uploaded. An identity card is only acceptable for applications from the EU.
- Note: only original or certified digital signatures will be accepted. If it is a digital non-certified signature, applicants must provide proof that it confirms the person/institution (institution stamp on the document).
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted on or before 1st March, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.