We are happy to present to you the Great Zimbabwe University, GZU 14th Graduation List – October 2020. The Vice-Chancellor on behalf of the University Council, Management Board and Senate has released the names of successful graduands.
Therefore all successful graduands can check their names below or on the university website.
GREAT ZIMBABWE UNIVERSITY, GZU 14TH GRADUATION LIST FOR 2020
All graduating Students (the November 2019 and June 2020 classes) are hereby advised that the 2020 (14th) Graduation Ceremony has been scheduled as follows:
- DATE: 16 October 2020.
- VENUE: Robert Mugabe School of Education and Culture
Graduands attending the ceremony physically are supposed to be seated by Graduands who arrive late will not be allowed into the Graduation Ceremony Venue.
In response to the global pandemic regulations, the 2020 graduation ceremony will be both physical and Only the following groups will attend the ceremony and be physically capped:
- All DPhil Graduands
- All Masters Graduands with Vice Chancellor’s Awards or University Book Prizes
- All Bachelor’s Graduands with first class degrees
NB: These Graduands will be formally invited to attend physically.
- The rest of the Graduands will join the proceedings virtually on GZU Facebook page and YouTube.
Further information regarding preparations for the ceremony is detailed below:
The results of the examinations are available from the offices of the respective Deans of Faculties/Schools during working hours.
Graduating students will be required to clear with the accounts office before registering for graduation at the Lusaka campus, failure to which they will not be allowed to graduate.
List of Graduands
The list will be posted as soon as it is approved. Continuously keep on confirming with your Department if you have met the Graduation requirements.
Any potential graduand whose name is not on the list is expected to visit his/her School immediately.
Verification Of Academic Records And Order Of Names
Graduands must ensure that all courses taken in their program of study have been graded and passed and that there are no missing courses or grades.
- Graduation rehearsals for the graduands who will be invited to attend the graduation ceremony physically are scheduled for Thursday the 15th of October 2020 starting at 1400 hrs at the Robert Mugabe School of Education and Culture.
- Attendance for rehearsals is compulsory and graduands who do not attend rehearsals will not be allowed to take part in the graduation.
Graduands with Invitation Cards
- Only graduands will attend the graduation.
- Graduands will collect their invitation cards from their respective School Administrators upon production of proof of payment of graduation fees on the 15th of October 2020.
Collection of Certificates
- Certificates will be available for collection from 5- 14 October 2020 and after the graduation ceremony upon submission of proof of payment of graduation No certificates will be issued on the rehearsals day and the graduation day.
Outstanding Tuition Fees
- Graduands with outstanding tuition fees must clear the balances before paying graduation
- Graduation fee is US$30 or equivalent for local graduands and US$50 for international graduands. The deadline for payment of graduation fees is Friday, the 9th of October 2020.
- Please take note that Graduation Fees can be paid at the Bursar’s Department or deposited into any of the following University Bank Accounts:
- CBZ Bank – Masvingo Branch – Account No: 02520620340038 ZB – Bank – Masvingo Branch – Account No: 4407- 413851-200
- First Capital Bank – Account No: 25093209974 Swift Code: BARCZWHXXXXX (International Students)
Graduands can also pay graduation fees through Ecocash platform that can be accessed at the students portals.
- Where payment is done through RTGs, graduands are required to submit copies of such payments to the Bursar’s Department for updating and i ssuance of receipts. Proof of payments can be emailed to [email protected]
Items not to be Bought
- Please note that the following items will not be allowed into the graduation venue: lipstick and perfume containers,sharp objects, knives, ballpoint pens and cameras.
- All graduands are expected to be smartly dressed (dark suits with a white shirt and a dark tie for men and white blouse and dark skirt/trousers or dark dress for ladies).
- Graduands must buy and be in possession of the correct Academic Regalia from the University Business Development Office or other approved suppliers ONLY (gown, appropriate hood and cap) for their respective Schools.
- Those with inappropriate Academic Regalia will be excluded from the graduation proceedings. All graduands are directed to buy the graduation regalia from the following approved suppliers only;
APPROVED GRADUATION REGALIA SUPPLIERS
Graduation regalia can be obtained from the following University authorized suppliers:
For any clarifications and more updates please visit the University website.
Congratulations to all the successful graduands that made it out of Great Zimbabwe University, GZU.