The application for the International Bursary for the academic year 2023/2024 is now open by University of Waikato for HANU Students in New Zealand.
The University of Waikato hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the 2023/2024 Bursary. The University of Waikato has set-up a tertiary bursary to bolster capacity, expertise and work opportunities related to different sectors. It is intended for tertiary students at the Undergraduate. The university will provide financial support for high achieving candidates. Selected students will receive NZD$10,000 paid towards the total tuition fees for the first 120 (of 180) points of study at the University of Waikato. University of Waikato has allocated bursary specifically for the following fields below.
The University of Waikato and its community believe in the potential of youth. We believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth. Education creates opportunities for youth to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the economy, achieve upward mobility, and change the world for the better for all in it.
For the International Bursary, we are looking for students who will be meeting the admission requirements and other eligibility requirements of the hosting universities stated below.
INTERNATIONAL BURSARY APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
Eligible courses are:
- Undergraduate degree program in Management and Commerce.
Eligible criteria are:
- All nationalities
- Applicants have completed the first 180 points of a pathway program offered by the Faculty of Management and Tourism, HANU. The following HANU programs apply for Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Finance and Banking, Bachelor of Accounting, or Bachelor of Tourism.
- Applicants have a HANU GPA of at least 6.5/10.00 (equivalent to a B- (4.50/9.00) from the University of Waikato) from their first 180 points of study at HANU.
- Applicants have received an offer of a place for the Bachelor of Business from the University of Waikato, The International Bursary for HANU Students.
- They are commencing full-time study (120 points) in the year of tenure at the University of Waikato, intending to complete a further 60 points the following year, thus allowing for the completion of the degree.
- They are not coming to the University of Waikato via a sponsoring body.
- The applicants must meet the Entry requirements for undergraduate international students at the university.
- Students must verify their English proficiency by completing their English proficiency requirements.
HOW TO APPLY FOR INTERNATIONAL BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at:
Kindly attach the following documents:
Please note you will need to ensure all the below documents are accessible on the device (cellphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) you will be using to apply. The documents include:
- The requirement include:
- Birth certificate, passport, and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- A written statement in support of your application
- Proof of any previous tertiary study
- High school transcripts.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Applications is Open.