The application for the International Student Undergraduate Research Assistantship for the academic year 2023/2024 is now open by University of Guelph for all International Students in Canada.
The University of Guelph hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the 2023/2024 Assistantship. The University of Guelph has set-up a tertiary assistantship to bolster capacity, expertise and work opportunities related to different sectors. It is intended for tertiary students at the Undergraduate Reasearch. The university will provide financial support for high achieving candidates. The University of Guelph positions provide full-time employment during the summer months allowing students to save money to help with the cost of their next academic study period. The salary for an ISURA starts at $9,027 (based on $15.50/hr working 35 hrs or week for 16 weeks, plus 4% vacation pay). University of Guelph has allocated Assistantship specifically for the following fields below.
The University of Guelph and its community believe in the potential of youth. We believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth. Education creates opportunities for youth to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the economy, achieve upward mobility, and change the world for the better for all in it.
For the International Student Undergraduate Research Assistantship, we are looking for students who will be meeting the admission requirements and other eligibility requirements of the hosting universities stated below.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANTSHIP APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
Eligible courses are:
- The Assistantship will be awarded in Undergraduate Research any subject offered by the university
Eligible criteria are:
- All nationalities
- Must be an international student (NOT a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada or a Protected Person in Canada (not a Convention Refugee))
- Must be currently registered in an undergraduate degree program.
- Must have a cumulative average of at least 70%; however, departments may have additional academic criteria above this minimum. This condition may be waived at the discretion of the hiring faculty member.
- Must return to study at the University of Guelph in a bachelor program in the fall semester immediately after the employment term (students cannot be registered in the last semester of their bachelor’s degree program at the time of application).
- Must be engaged in full-time research during the tenure of the position. However, a student may register as a part-time student (up to 1.0 credit) at the supervisor’s discretion during the award period.
HOW TO APPLY FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENT UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANTSHIP
Applications must be submitted online at:
Kindly attach the following documents:
Please note you will need to ensure all the below documents are accessible on the device (cellphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) you will be using to apply. The documents include:
- The requirement includes:
- A cover letter addressed to the project supervisor and a resume or CV that indicates the following: Their full name, telephone number, email address, and student ID.
- Briefly describe their background, including any previous training, awards received, and their interest in the particular project.
- An unofficial transcript.
- Any additional documents may be relevant to their application.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted on or before 15 February, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.