The application for the JSPS International Fellowships for Research for the academic year 2022/2023 is now open by University of Waikato for all International Students in Japan.
The University of Waikato hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the 2022/2023 Fellowships. The University of Waikato has set-up a tertiary fellowships to bolster capacity, expertise and work opportunities related to different sectors. It is intended for tertiary students at the Postdoctoral. The fellowship winners will be awarded roundtrip airfare, up to ¥362,000 per month as maintenance allowance, and ¥200,000 for settling in. University of Waikato has allocated fellowships specifically for the following fields below.
The University of Waikato and its community believe in the potential of youth. We believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth. Education creates opportunities for youth to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the economy, achieve upward mobility, and change the world for the better for all in it.
For the JSPS International Fellowships, we are looking for students who will be meeting the admission requirements and other eligibility requirements of the hosting universities stated below.
JSPS INTERNATIONAL FELLOWSHIPS APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
Eligible courses are:
- Postdoctoral programs offered in the fields of the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences at any MEXT university or college can be applied for.
Eligible criteria are:
- Swedish national students
- The applicants must be a citizen or permanent residents of Sweden.
- The applicants must be affiliated with Universities and inter-university research institutes, MEXT-affiliated institutions engaged in research, Colleges of technology, or Institutions designated by the Minister of MEXT.
- The applicants must have a doctorate degree received within the past six years or be currently enrolled in a doctoral course at a university outside Japan. They are scheduled to receive a PhD within two years from the time their research starts in Japan.
- The students must meet the language requirements of the university or college they wish to join. Typically, proficiency and fluency in English and Japanese.
HOW TO APPLY FOR JSPS INTERNATIONAL FELLOWSHIPS
Applications must be submitted online at:
Kindly attach the following documents:
- Please note you will need to ensure all the below documents are accessible on the device (cellphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) you will be using to apply. The documents include:
- The requirement includes:
- Letter of acceptance
- Letter of Recommendation
- A copy of the candidate‡s PhD degree diploma
- A copy of the candidate‡s passport
- A copy of the candidate‡s Swedish permanent residence card (PUK) if s/he is not an EU/ EEA citizen
- The requirement includes:
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Applications is Open.