The application for the Doctoral Scholarships for the academic year 2022/2023 is now open by University of Giessen for all International Students in Germany.
The University of Giessen hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the 2022/2023 Scholarship. The University of Giessen has set-up a tertiary Scholarship to bolster capacity, expertise and work opportunities related to different sectors. It is intended for tertiary students at the Doctoral. The University of Giessen will award the successfully selected candidates a aid amount of €1,468.00 per month for up to a maximum of two years of study. Additionally, parents will also receive a child allowance. University of Giessen has allocated Scholarship specifically for the following fields below.
The University of Giessen and its community believe in the potential of youth. We believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth. Education creates opportunities for youth to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the economy, achieve upward mobility, and change the world for the better for all in it.
For the Doctoral Scholarships, we are looking for students who will be meeting the admission requirements and other eligibility requirements of the hosting universities stated below.
DOCTORAL SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
Eligible courses are:
- Candidates can apply for a PhD degree programme at the University of Giessen.
Eligible criteria are:
- All international students
- The applicants must be residents of one of the listed by DAAD.
- The applicants must have graduated with excellent marks.
- The applicants must propose a research project of outstanding academic quality which contributes substantially to one or more of the university‡s research areas.
- The applicants must have completed their Master‡s degree (or equivalent) in humanities or social sciences.
- The applicants must be fluent in English or German. Knowledge of both languages is an advantage and should be acquired during the membership/scholarship period. German language skills up to level B1 are required.
HOW TO APPLY FOR DOCTORAL SCHOLARSHIPS
Applications must be submitted online at:
Kindly attach the following documents:
Please note you will need to ensure all the below documents are accessible on the device (cellphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) you will be using to apply. The documents include:
- The requirement includes:
- a motivation letter
- a short abstract of your research project
- a current curriculum vitae;
- two letters of recommendation from university professors
- copies of school and university certificates
- a dissertation project proposal
- a detailed schedule
- a digital copy of M.A.-thesis
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted on or before 1st February 2023. Late applications will not be considered.