Amref Health Africa in Kenya, in partnership with the United States Embassy in Kenya, has announced the Inclusive Employability Skills Training Programme for the youth in Lamu County. The training is aimed at improving the employability and market demand of the youth. The training will be held in Lamu and also available online. The deadline for applications is March 3, 2023.
The programme aims to impart youth with practical employability skills to enable them to identify opportunities and link with employers. The programme will focus on business development, basic computer skills, financial literacy, and soft skills. In addition, it will provide entrepreneurship training to encourage the youth to start their own businesses and create employment opportunities.
The training programme targets youth from Lamu County, particularly those between 18 and 35 years old. Interested applicants should submit their applications before the deadline through the Amref Health Africa website. The training will be offered in both online and in-person formats.
This programme comes at a crucial time when unemployment is a major challenge for the youth in Kenya. The Inclusive Employability Skills Training Programme is expected to create more opportunities for the youth and contribute to reducing the unemployment rate in Lamu County.
The Lamu County Government has welcomed the programme, terming it a significant boost to the efforts to improve the socio-economic status of the youth. The county has also urged youth to take advantage of the training opportunity and apply before the deadline.
Organizations supporting the training programme have encouraged the youth to apply for the training and take advantage of the opportunity to build their skills and improve their employability. They also encourage organizations to partner with them in the initiative, providing opportunities for youth in their respective fields.
Eligibility for Inclusive Employability Skills Training:
- Open to Kenyan youth in Lamu County
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 35
- Must have a minimum education level of high school (KCSE)
- Must have access to a smartphone, computer, or tablet with internet access
- Must be able to attend in-person training sessions in Lamu, or participate in online training sessions
- Must be available to participate in the program from March to August 2023
Application Process for Inclusive Employability Skills Training:
- Visit the Inclusive Employability Skills Training Form
- Fill out the application form with personal details and education background
- Answer the questions on the form to demonstrate your interest in the program and why you should be selected
- Submit the completed application form by the deadline of March 3, 2023
- Selected applicants will be contacted for further screening and interviews
- Successful candidates will be informed of their acceptance into the program and will be required to attend an orientation session.
Don’t miss out on current updates. Kindly like us on Facebook & follow us on Follow @Eafinder OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.