Application for the Taita Taveta University CEMEREM Masters Scholarship – 2020/2021 Entry is now open for all outstanding Students at the Taita Taveta University in Kenya.
CEMEREM is a joint project between Taita Taveta University (TTU) of Kenya, TU Bergakademie Freiberg of Germany and University of Applied Sciences, Dresden, also of Germany. The Project focus is Mining, Environmental Engineering and Natural Resource Management. The German Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs through DAAD funds the project.
Taita Taveta University is calling for applications from potential candidates for the above programmes for 2022/2023 Academic Year. Twenty-four (24) of the successful candidates will be awarded either full scholarship (Tuition fees and stipend) or partial scholarship (Tuition fees only), on a competitive basis, for up to two years (13th September 2022 – 31st August 2024). Additional benefits which come with these scholarships include the following:
- Opportunities to attend Annual CEMEREM Summer School in Germany.
- Opportunities for a one month research exchange stay at the CEMEREM partner universities in Germany.
- Opportunities for a collaborative Master Thesis.
Self-sponsored students will be required to make their own arrangements for fees, living expenses and other related costs.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in Kenya. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
TAITA TAVETA UNIVERSITY CEMEREM SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- The CEMEREM scholarship programme is open to candidates from Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, South Sudan, Rwanda and Burundi.
- Applicants must be holders of a Bachelor’s degree with at least Second Class Honours (Upper Division).
- The applications are open to those seeking scholarships as well as to those sponsoring themselves.
Candidates will also be selected based on the following criteria:
- Good previous academic results
- Motivation and qualification in the required subject area
- Language competency
- Social engagement
NOTE: The decision of the University Scholarship Vetting Committee will be final.
Available Positions in each Programme
For each Programme with scholarships, few scholarships will be availed. However, self-sponsoring candidates wishing to pursue the same programme are welcome to apply for positions detailed below:
TAITA TAVETA UNIVERSITY CEMEREM SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Filled application forms and evidence of payment of application fees of KES.1,500 or equivalent paid to – Taita Taveta University KCB Voi Branch No. 1136119140 or Equity Bank Voi Branch Account No. 0790299712769 MUST be submitted on or before 22nd May 2022 to the Registrar (Academic, Research and Outreach), Taita Taveta University through email: [email protected]