Makerere University, MAK Admission requirement for all the courses at the undergraduate level is updated every year. Therefore, this article contains the full list of all the undergraduate courses coupled with their general requirements.
- Check Out Makerere University Fees Structure: 2020/2021
- Check Out Makerere University Student Portal Login: student.mak.ac.ug
For admission into programmes of study at the Makerere University, MAK for any first degree, an applicant must have the following requirements for a successful admission.
MAKERERE UNIVERSITY, MAK UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
Makerere University, MAK Direct Entry Requirements
The following are application procedures needed for direct entry admission into various undergraduate programmes offered at Makerere University, Kampala.
Each applicant should:
- Have the Uganda Certificate of Education with at least (five passes), or its equivalent and at least two principal passes at Advanced Level obtained at the same sitting. For day programmes, only candidates who sat “A” Level in 2013, 2012 and 2011 are eligible to apply. For Evening, Afternoon, and External programmes, a candidate is not restricted on the year of sitting “A” Level.
- Hold at least a Second Class or Credit (or equivalent classification) Diploma from a recognised institution, relevant to the programmes applied for.
- Be a Graduate from a recognised university.
- Candidates who hold grades X, Y, Z, 7 and 9 of ‘O’level results should not apply because they are not eligible for admission.
- Diploma holder applicants who hold class three (3) Diploma Certificates are not eligible for admission and therefore should not apply, except where stated in the diploma holders requirements.
Makerere University, MAK Diploma Holders Entry Requirements
- Each applicant should possess AT LEAST a Credit or Second Class or equivalent Diploma in a relevant field from a recognised Institution plus a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 Passes (or its equivalent) and a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least One Principal Pass and Two Subsidiary Passes obtained at the same sitting (or its equivalent) .
- MAKERERE UNIVERSITY, MAK DIPLOMA ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
- MAKERERE UNIVERSITY, MAK POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
- Click here for more information on Makerere University cut-off marks.
For further enquiries, please leave a comment below
- Check Out Makerere University Online Application Forms – 2020/2021 Admission
- Check Out List Of Courses Offered at Makerere University: 2020/2021
- Check Out Makerere University Cut Off Points