This Article contains information on the Malta Visa Application and Immigration Requirements: 2019. Malta, officially the Republic of Malta, is an island country in Southern Europe. Here are 56 interesting facts about Malta that will help you discover more about this beautiful archipelago, which is also known as the “Heart of the Mediterranean.”
Yearly, many people travel to Malta for numerous reasons either for tourism, business, study, visit or immigration. Depending on the purpose of the trip to Malta, there are different types of visas that apply to the occasion.
So before applying for a Malta Schengen visa, it is necessary to know the Malta Schengen visa requirements and which of the visa category that you are eligible for.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR A MALTA VISA APPLICATION
The following documents are required for the Malta visa application:
- Download Malta Visa application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Malta Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy,
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages,
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the visa – if not otherwise required,
- Travel medical insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Malta and the entire Schengen area,
- A visa cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Malta and itinerary,
- Flight ticket reservation (if applicable)
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable).
- Proof of accommodation for your entire stay in Malta.
- Means of subsistence – Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Malta. According to the information provided by the European Commission, a foreign national who wants to enter the territory of Malta, while applying for a Malta Visa it needs to attest owning 48€/day for the period of stay, to the Malta Embassy or Consulate.
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- No-objection certificate from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- Leave approval letter from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
*Note: The signed application form must be accompanied the rest of the above-mentioned mandatory documents and handed personally at the appropriate embassy/consulate or its representative in your home country.
Apart from the general documentation required, accompanying should be other additional documents depending on the purpose of your Malta Visa application.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE MOST FREQUENT PURPOSES OF THE MALTA VISA APPLICATION
Malta Tourist Schengen Visa additional requirements:
- Invitation letter with the address and phone number from family member or sponsor in Malta – if applicable,
- Bank statement of the last 6 months,
- Passport copies.
Malta Visa for Business Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the Maltese company you will be visiting and their detailed address in Malta accompanied with the dates of your visit,
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel,
- If there were previous trade relations between the two companies, proof of such events must be provided,
- Business bank statement of the latest 6 months,
- Memorandum and Article of Association in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies) Trade License (first issued and present renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents,
- Regarding the applicant’s expenses during stay in the Schengen zone, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation.
Malta Visa for Medical Purposes:
- A local medical report,
- A medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in Malta, confirming the date of your appointment as well as your medical situation,
- Payment receipt of medical fees.
Malta Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the above-mentioned authorities with details upon the nature of events or activities – purpose of visit , expense coverage,
- Names of the applicants (crew members),
- Duration of stay in Malta,
- Travel itinerary.
Malta Visa for Members of Official Delegations:
- The official invitation copy,
- Identity of applicant,
- Purpose of journey (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations) in Malta,
- Duration of stay in Malta,
- Place of accommodation in Malta.
Malta Visa for Study, Training, Research, or other type of Internship Purposes:
- An enrollment certificate allowing attendance of courses,
- Certificate of completion or courses attended,
- Financial sustenance.
Malta Visa For The Wife/Husband of a Maltese citizen:
- Proof of Maltese citizenship (ID card or consular card or certification of Maltese nationality or naturalization order)
- Maltese marriage certificate
- Maltese family record book
Malta Airport Transit Visa:
- Visa or other type of entry permit in the transit country,
- Copy of your valid visa for your final destination.
Malta Visa for Underage Children:
- Proof of parent’s regular income (work contract with specified monthly income or a bank statement or business license)
- Notarized travel permission from parent (parental travel consent)
- If one parent lives in another country – their notarized parental travel consent
*Note: When applying at Maltese embassy/consulate in home country, the guardian or parent should accompany their under-age children.
Please consult with the Maltese Embassy in your country for the updated Maltese Visa requirements!