This Article contains information on the Spain Visa Application and Immigration Requirements: 2019. Spain, officially the Kingdom of Spain, is a country in southwestern Europe. When one thinks about Spain, many people tend to think about the national soccer team. However, the truth is that Spain is known for so much more than just a simple, yet undefeated soccer team.
Spain is surrounded by a rich culture, interesting people, and various touristy places that will capture any one’s attention no matter their age.
Yearly, many people travel to Spain for numerous reasons either for tourism, business, study, visit or immigration. Depending on the purpose of the trip to Spain, there are different types of visas that apply to the occasion.
So before applying for a Spain Schengen visa, it is necessary to know the Spain Schengen visa requirements and which of the visa category that you are eligible for.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR A SPAIN VISA APPLICATION
The following documents are required for the Netherlands visa application:
- Download the application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Spanish Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the visa – if not otherwise required
- Schengen Travel Insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000€ coverage within Spain and the entire Schengen area
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Spain and itinerary.
- Flight Reservation with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Spain
- Hotel Booking Reservation for the whole duration of the intended stay in Spain.
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Means of subsistence – Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Spain. A foreigner who seeks to enter the territory of Spain needs to attest owning the overall amount for duration up to 10 days that is representative of a 90% of the gross national minimum wage (598.68€) that is 583.74€, while in case of exceeding 10 days the daily required amount is 64.86€.
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- No-objection certificate from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- Leave approval letter from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
*Note: The signed application form must be accompanied the rest of the above-mentioned mandatory documents and handed personally at the appropriate embassy/consulate or its representative in your home country.
Apart from the general documentation required, accompanying should be other additional documents depending on the purpose of your Spanish Visa application.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE MOST FREQUENT PURPOSES OF THE SPAIN VISA APPLICATION
Spanish Tourist/Visitor Visa:
- Invitation letter from your family or friends in Spain with the address and phone number – if applicable
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies
Spain Visa for Business Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the Spanish company you will be visiting and their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel
- If there were previous trade relations between the two companies, proof of such events must be provided
- Business bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Memorandum and Article of Association in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies) Trade License (first issued and present renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents
- Regarding the applicant’s expenses during stay in the Schengen zone, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation.
Spain Visa for Medical Purposes:
- A local medical report
- A medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in Spain, confirming the date of your appointment as well as your medical situation
- Payment receipt of medical fees
Spain Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the above-mentioned authorities with details upon the nature of events or activities – purpose of visit , expense coverage
- Names of the applicants (crew members)
- Duration of stay
- Travel itinerary
Spain Visa for Members of Official Delegations:
- The official invitation copy
- Identity of applicant
- Purpose of journey (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)
- Duration of stay
- Place of accommodation
Spain Visa for Study, Training, Research, or other type of Internship Purposes:
- An enrollment certificate allowing attendance of courses
- Certificate of completion or courses attended
- Financial sustenance
Spain Visa For The Wife/Husband of a Spanish citizen:
- Proof of Spanish citizenship (ID card or consular card or certification of Spanish nationality or naturalization order)
- Spanish marriage certificate
- Spanish family record book
Spanish Airport Transit Visa:
- Visa or other type of entry permit in the transit country
- Copy of your valid visa for your final destination
Spain Visa for Under-Age Children:
- Proof of parent’s regular income (work contract with specified monthly income or a bank statement or business license)
- Notarized travel permission from parent (parental travel consent)
- If one parent lives in another country – their notarized parental travel consent
*Note: When applying at the Spanish embassy/consulate in home country, the guardian or parent should accompany their under-age children.
Please consult the Embassy of Spain in your country for the updated Spain Visa requirements!