The application for the Huayu Enrichment Scholarship (HES) for the academic year 2023/2024 is now open by Ministry of Education for all International Students in Taiwan.
The Ministry of Education hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the 2023/2024 Scholarship. The Ministry of Education has set-up a tertiary scholarship to bolster capacity, expertise and work opportunities related to different sectors. The university will provide financial support for high achieving candidates. Scholarships will include a Monthly stipend of 25,000 NTD. Ministry of Education has allocated scholarship specifically for the following fields below.
The Ministry of Education and its community believe in the potential of youth. We believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth. Education creates opportunities for youth to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the economy, achieve upward mobility, and change the world for the better for all in it.
For the Huayu Enrichment Scholarship (HES), we are looking for students who will be meeting the admission requirements and other eligibility requirements of the hosting universities stated below.
HUAYU ENRICHMENT SCHOLARSHIP (HES) APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
Eligible courses are:
- Scholarships are available to undertake Huayu courses at a registered Mandarin Language Center approved by the MOE.
Eligible criteria are:
- International students (except Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao SAR students) can apply for the scholarships.
- International applicants above the age of 18, who possess a high school diploma or above, have shown excellent academic performance, and are of good moral character, are eligible. Candidates with one of the following qualifications may not apply:
- Is an overseas Chinese student or a national of the R.O.C.
- Is currently registered as a student at a Mandarin Language Center or has sought a degree from a university or college in Taiwan.
- Has already received a HES or a Taiwan Scholarship, in the past.
- Is an exchange student to Taiwan, during the scholarship period?
- Is currently receiving financial benefits from the Taiwan government or another educational institution.
- International applicants above the age of 18, who possess a high school diploma or above, have shown excellent academic performance, and are of good moral character, are eligible.
- Free English Language testing for students from English-speaking countries.
TOEFL 550, IELTS 5.5 or pass university’s entrance examination.
HOW TO APPLY FOR HUAYU ENRICHMENT SCHOLARSHIP (HES)
Applications must be submitted online at:
Kindly attach the following documents:
Please note you will need to ensure all the below documents are accessible on the device (cellphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) you will be using to apply. The documents include:
- The requirement include:
- In addition to the application for the scholarship, the applicant must submit the following documents:-
- An application form (see appendix 1; provided by local embassies or missions).
- A photocopy of his/her passport or any other documents that can verify the nationality of the applicant.
- A photocopy of the certificate of the highest credential and transcript.
- A photocopy of the applications to the Mandarin Language Center.
- Other documents required by local embassies or missions.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted on or before March 31st, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.