The application for the NCKU Taiwan Semiconductor Scholarship for the academic year 2023/2024 is now open by National Cheng Kung University for all International Students in Taiwan.
The National Cheng Kung University hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the 2023/2024 Scholarship. The National Cheng Kung University has set-up a tertiary scholarship to bolster capacity, expertise and work opportunities related to different sectors. It is intended for tertiary students at the MS or PhD. The award program will be awarded a full tuition fee, a stipend, and round-trip flights to and from Taiwan. National Cheng Kung University has allocated scholarship specifically for the following fields below.
The National Cheng Kung University and its community believe in the potential of youth. We believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth. Education creates opportunities for youth to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the economy, achieve upward mobility, and change the world for the better for all in it.
For the NCKU Taiwan Semiconductor Scholarship, we are looking for students who will be meeting the admission requirements and other eligibility requirements of the hosting universities stated below.
NCKU TAIWAN SEMICONDUCTOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
Eligible courses are:
- Non-resident’s bachelor degree programmes offered at Utah Valley can be undertaken.
Eligible criteria are:
- The Czech Republic, Slovakia, Lithuania, and Poland students are eligible to apply.
- Applicants to study at NCKU must be semiconductors related, including:
- AISSM: Integrated Circuit Design, Semiconductor Process Technology, Semiconductor Packaging and Testing, Key Materials, Smart and Sustainable Manufacturing
- EECS: Electrical Engineering, Microelectronics, Manufacturing Information, and Systems
- Engineering: Materials Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Science: Physics, Photonics
- Applicants must be a citizen of the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Lithuania, and Poland
- Applicants must be pursuing or be planning to pursue MS or PhD degree at NCKU for the 2023 fall semester
- Applications to study at NCKU must be semiconductors related, including all programs of AISSM and the eligible departments/institutes of EECS, Engineering, and Science included as the semiconductor fields at NCKU.
- A strong proficiency in the English language is essential for admission into universities in Taiwan. Applicant’s students need to complete the TOEFL exam with a minimum score of 72.
HOW TO APPLY FOR NCKU TAIWAN SEMICONDUCTOR SCHOLARSHIP
Applications must be submitted online at:
Kindly attach the following documents:
Please note you will need to ensure all the below documents are accessible on the device (cellphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) you will be using to apply. The documents include:
- The requirement include:
- Declaration Form: Applicants should download and print the ‘Declaration’ form from the website; sign and upload the scanned file to complete the application.
- Highest degree diploma
- Official transcripts by years
- A financial statement
- Two recommendation letters
- Identity card and/or passport, the ROC alien resident certificate (if available), and the Certificate of the R.O.C. Non-Household Registration, or other credentials (if applicable)
- Study plan
- English(/Chinese) autobiography
- Academic thesis or relevant publications (for Ph.D. program applicants)
- Additional requirements by the intended department/institute (if applicable)
- Other reference documents (if applicable): Applicants are welcome to attach any additional documents which may favor their application.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted on or before 15 March, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on Facebook & follow us on Follow @EAfinder OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.