The application for the SGS International Scholarships for the academic year 2023/2024 is now open by Donghua University for all International Students in China.
The Donghua University hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the 2023/2024 Scholarship. The Donghua University has set-up a tertiary Scholarship to bolster capacity, expertise and work opportunities related to different sectors. It is intended for tertiary students at the Undergraduate, Master, and PhD. The university will provide financial support for high achieving candidates. The program offers awards such as full scholarships and partial scholarships to support international students. Donghua University has allocated Scholarship specifically for the following fields below.
The Donghua University and its community believe in the potential of youth. We believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth. Education creates opportunities for youth to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the economy, achieve upward mobility, and change the world for the better for all in it.
For the SGS International Scholarships, we are looking for students who will be meeting the admission requirements and other eligibility requirements of the hosting universities stated below.
SGS INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
Eligible courses are:
- 4 years of Chinese-taught Bachelor’s Programs (except B.A. in Chinese Language),
- 2.5 to 3 years master’s degree programs except for International Business (MIB) and Journalism & Communication (MJC),
- 4 years of doctoral degree programs.
Eligible criteria are:
- Applications are welcomed from all counties.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
- Applicants should be master’s degree holders under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
- Applicants must be bachelor’s degree holders under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs.
- Applicants must be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for bachelor’s programs
- Applicants should be excellent in academic and extra-curricular performance and yet not be rewarded any other scholarships offered by the government, institutes or organizations in China.
- Certificate required for Chinese-taught and English-taught programs.
- For Chinese-taught programs: the applicant’s Chinese proficiency should be equivalent to at least HSK Level 5 (180 score). HSK Level 4 certificate (with at least a 180 score) is acceptable only for B.A. in Chinese Language.
- For English-taught programs: the applicant’s English proficiency should be equivalent to at least IELTS Academic 6.0, or TOEFL IBT 80. IELTS Academic of at least 5.5 or TOEFL IBT of at least 72 is acceptable only for SCF programs.
HOW TO APPLY FOR SGS INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS
Applications must be submitted online at:
Kindly attach the following documents:
Please note you will need to ensure all the below documents are accessible on the device (cellphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) you will be using to apply. The documents include:
- The requirement includes:
- Two recommendation letters written in English or Chinese by two different teachers or tutors of your higher secondary school include their names, signatures and contact details (especially email address).
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form and relevant check result pages.
- Passport and visa.
- Secondary high school diploma or the equivalent, transcripts.
- Language credentials HSK certificate (for programs in Chinese, HSK 5 is required for humanities, HSK 4 over 210 for economics and management, HSK 4 over 195 for science and arts)
- Bank remittance receipt for the registration fee.
- Personal statement
- Certificate of no criminal conviction
- Statement of financial support
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted on or before March 31, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.