This article contains information on the 5 Categories of people you will find in the workplace.
A workplace is a social environment which comprises of different people grouped in different categories depending on varying elements like hours, company culture, people, and career development.
There are 6 different work environments in which people work
- The first is called a conventional work environment which is generally structured and organized attributed by the roaster, protocol, sequence, and well-defined roles like customer service or receptionist are examples of people in this work environment that are typically neat, articulated, well-organized and prefer to follow directions in an office and regular hours.
- The other is an enterprising work environment including activities like persuasion, management, marketing, and advertisement. Such an environment is characterized by competition, achievement, power, money, and competition with an extrovert, ambitious and assertive people.
- The social work environment is a human interaction career that is people-focused including roles like teaching, guiding, healing, and understanding. They exhibit leadership, communication, verbal and interpersonal skills in an office, fieldwork, schools, colleges or in consultation with respective clients. The career field in this work environment is teaching, counselling, and consultancy.
- The artistic work environment is unsystematic and emphasizes freedom of expression, creativity, aesthetics, imagination, and originality. This environment is characterized by freedom and lack of structure and rules. People who are drawn to this kind of environment are normally unconventional, free-spirited, intuitive and self-directed. This work environment may involve theatre productions, music performance, design work, writing, and the creation of art.
- The investigative environment is focused on problem-solving and abstract reasoning which includes mathematics and science. It is unstructured and encourages independence and freedom of thought and These people are innovative thinkers who prefer working with their minds rather than engaging in practical and physical tasks. This environment includes working in laboratories; computer programming; doing statistical, science or mathematical work and archaeology.
- The realistic environment is a highly manual job that includes tools, instruments, animals, plants and working People who enjoy working outdoors. People who enjoy working with their hands and focusing on the present, do well in this environment. This environment includes mechanic, engineering and technical jobs that could involve working on-site, in workshops or doing call-out work.
THERE ARE DIFFERENT PEOPLE IN A WORK ENVIRONMENT that can be determined through their personality traits and with the aid of psychology it becomes easier to handle, THE CATEGORY OF PEOPLE YOU CAN FIND IN A WORKPLACE ARE:
1. The Busy type:
They are either busy doing office work or engaged in other things which they are attracted to (they look busy). They may be your peers or seniors, most times these people may be drawn with you in a task, they will always complain time is not enough wishing they had more time to finish what they had to do. These people lack proper time management. The way to deal is to evaluate how your boss is seeing it, for the person who appears busy. It is only a matter of time before thing catches up with her and for the busy person, the reward is near.
2. The Boss Manager
These people are perfectionist; they care a lot about details and documentation. They may be a boss, colleague or senior colleague. As an individual when interacting with them ensure you have the details and records documented when working on a project with them. They hate people who are grounded with what they are doing; thus he attempts to control them every step of the way. For example, they want to be copied on every email, invited to every call and prefers things the “correct” way, i.e. their way.
Researchers explain that these people always tend to be in control, they like it to have tasks delivered through them, they are after their own, but you as an individual should be grateful because, from their high standards, it would stretch you to produce high-quality work which will help you with a thing or two. Instead, it’s the “pathological micromanagers” who interfere with details way below their pay grade that you should worry about, according to Harvard Business Review.
Solution for these set of people is for you to earn their trust by offering an attentive ear to what they want, how they want and ways they want it presented, put them in charge, give them regular updates during each step (irrespective of how tedious or simple ) and a thorough summary afterwards.
3. The Perpetual Pessimist
They are miserable, cool and procrastinators, these people offer criticism quickly, hold grudges, they complain a lot. Nothing is ever good enough for them, at times the reason for them sorrow can’t be defined because they are easily pissed, and a little change can determine their outlook. The solution is to show compassion, empathy, they are fantastic workers just that they have mood swings or are facing one issue or the other. Don’t give her the satisfaction of a reaction.
4. The Slacker
These people are worse set of people than those who are busy, Why? They are the slow, latecomers, lazy, noisemakers, gossip tellers. While working they make noise about the latest news, gossip about one or the other just to create a distraction and a playful work environment. In a collaboration of work with a slacker, you as an individual should be ready for some tough call because the slacker work ethic is zero and you might end up doing a lot of the work, in cases he does little to none. Instead of been carried away, be direct and caution him/her, be determined and serious, focus on selling yourself to your boss and neglect the slackness of the slacker’s.
5. The Friend
This is a companion, rare colleague who with time has helped you in your task and now a friend. They’re always there for you in whatsoever position whether in success or failure. They help to build harmony and good working environment.
Avoid fight with these people; cherish this rare unicorn; celebrate yourself in and out of office and play and interact in a lot of happy hours.
These categories of people are found in every workplace, the ability to work with them will improve productivity and help you in your intrapersonal relationship