This Article contains information on the Denmark Visa Application and Immigration Requirements: 2019. Denmark is a Scandinavian country comprising the Jutland Peninsula and numerous islands. It’s linked to nearby Sweden via the Öresund bridge. Copenhagen, its capital, is home to royal palaces and colorful Nyhavn harbor, plus the Tivoli amusement park and the iconic “Little Mermaid” statue.
Yearly, many people travel to Denmark for numerous reasons either for tourism, business, study, visit or immigration. Depending on the purpose of the trip to Denmark, there are different types of visas that apply to the occasion.
So before applying for a Denmark Schengen visa, it is necessary to know the Denmark Schengen visa requirements and which of the visa category that you are eligible for.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR AN AUSTRIA VISA APPLICATION
The following documents are required for the Danish visa application:
- Firstly, download the application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Denmark Schengen Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background. Learn more about photo requirements and specifications for a Danish Visa.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- Travel health insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Denmark and the entire Schengen area
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Denmark and itinerary
- Flight Itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Denmark
- Hotel Reservation for the whole duration of the intended stay in Denmark. Find and Book Cheap Hotels in Denmark!
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Means of subsistence – Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Denmark
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Leave permission from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- No-objection certificate from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
*Note: The signed application form must be accompanied the rest of the above-mentioned mandatory documents and handed personally at the appropriate embassy/consulate or its representative in your home country.
Apart from the general documentation required, accompanying should be other additional documents depending on the purpose of your Danish Visa application.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE MOST FREQUENT PURPOSES OF THE AUSTRIAN VISA APPLICATION
Danish Tourist/Visitor Visa:
- Invitation letter from your family or friends in Denmark with the address and phone number – if applicable
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies
Denmark Visa for Business Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the Danish company you will be visiting and their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel
- If there were previous trade relations between the two companies, proof of such events must be provided
- Business bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Memorandum and Article of Association in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies) Trade License (first issued and present renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents
- Regarding the applicant’s expenses during stay in the Schengen zone, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation.
Denmark Visa for Medical Purposes:
- A local medical report
- A medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in Denmark, confirming the date of your appointment as well as your medical situation
- Payment receipt of medical fees
Denmark Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the above-mentioned authorities with details upon the nature of events or activities – purpose of visit , expense coverage
- Names of the applicants (crew members)
- Duration of stay
- Travel itinerary
Denmark Visa for Members of Official Delegations:
- The official invitation copy
- Identity of applicant
- Purpose of journey (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)
- Duration of stay
- Place of accommodation
Denmark Visa for Study, Training, Research, or other type of Internship Purposes:
- An enrollment certificate allowing attendance of courses
- Certificate of completion or courses attended
- Financial sustenance
Denmark Visa For The Wife/Husband of a Danish citizen:
- Proof of Danish citizenship (ID card or consular card or certification of Danish nationality or naturalization order)
- Danish marriage certificate
- Danish family record book
Danish Airport Transit Visa:
- Visa or other type of entry permit in the transit country
- Copy of your valid visa for your final destination
Denmark Visa for Under-Age Children:
- Proof of parent’s regular income (work contract with specified monthly income or a bank statement or business license)
- Notarized travel permission from parent (parental travel consent)
- If one parent lives in another country – their notarized parental travel consent
*Note: When applying at the Danish embassy/consulate in home country, the guardian or parent should accompany their under-age children.
Please consult with the Danish Embassy in your country for the updated Danish Visa requirements!