This Article contains information on the Latvia Visa Application and Immigration Requirements: 2019. Latvia, officially the republic of Latvia, is a country in northern Europe. It is one of the three Baltic States. Let’s explore more about this beautiful country with some funny and interesting facts.
Yearly, many people travel to Latvia for numerous reasons either for tourism, business, study, visit or immigration. Depending on the purpose of the trip to Latvia, there are different types of visas that apply to the occasion.
So before applying for a Latvia Schengen visa, it is necessary to know the Latvia Schengen visa requirements and which of the visa category that you are eligible for.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR AN LATVIA VISA APPLICATION
The following documents are required for the Latvia visa application:
- Fill the Latvian visa online application form.
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- Europe Travel insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Latvia and the entire Schengen zone.
- A cover letter stating the purpose of your travel to Latvia and itinerary
- Flight Itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Latvia
- Hotel reservation for the whole duration of the intended stay in the Republic of Latvia.
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Latvia.
- As the European Commission tells, according to the Immigration Law, foreign nationals who want to enter and reside in the Republic of Latvia, they need to attest enjoying at least 14€/day for the duration of their stay, at the moment applying for a Latvian Visa to the Latvian Embassy or Consulate.
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- No-objection certificate from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- Leave approval letter from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
*Note: The signed application form must be accompanied the rest of the above-mentioned mandatory documents and handed personally at the appropriate embassy/consulate or its representative in your home country.
Apart from the general documentation required, accompanying should be other additional documents depending on the purpose of your application.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE MOST FREQUENT PURPOSES OF THE LATVIA VISA APPLICATION
Latvian Tourist/Visitor Visa additional requirements:
- Invitation letter from your family or friends in Latvia with the address and phone number – if applicable
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies
Latvian Schengen Visa for Medical Purposes:
- A local medical report
- A medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in Latvia, confirming the date of your appointment as well as your medical situation
- Payment receipt of medical fees
Latvian Schengen Visa for Business Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the Latvian company you will be visiting and their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel
- If there were previous trade relations between the two companies, proof of such events must be provided
- Business bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Memorandum and Article of Association in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies) Trade License (first issued and present renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents
- Regarding the applicant’s expenses during stay in the Schengen zone, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation
Latvian Schengen Visa for Culture, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the above-mentioned authorities with details upon the nature of events or activities – purpose of visit , expense coverage
- Names of the applicants (crew members)
- Duration of stay
- Travel itinerary
Latvian Schengen Visa for Members of Official Delegations:
- The official invitation copy
- Identity of applicant
- Purpose of journey (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)
- Duration of stay
- Place of accommodation
Latvian Schengen Visa for Study, Training, Research, or other type of Internship Purposes:
- An enrollment certificate allowing attendance of courses
- Certificate of completion or courses attended
- Financial sustenance
Latvian Schengen Visa For The Wife/Husband of a Latvian citizen:
- Proof of Latvian citizenship (ID card or consular card or certification of Latvian nationality or naturalization order)
- Latvian marriage certificate
- Latvian family record book
Latvian Airport Transit Visa:
- Visa or other type of entry permit in the transit country
- Copy of your valid visa for your final destination
Latvian Schengen Visa for Underage Children:
- Proof of parent’s regular income (work contract with specified monthly income or a bank statement or business license)
- Notarized travel permission from parent (parental travel consent)
- If one parent lives in another country – their notarized parental travel consent
*Note: When applying in the embassy/consulate in home country, the guardian or parent should accompany their under-age children.
Please consult with the Latvian Embassy in your country for the updated Latvian Visa requirements!
- Click here to Learn how to write a perfect Invitation letter for Visa Application
- Click here to Learn how to write a cover letter for Visa Application