This Article contains information on the Norway Visa Application and Immigration Requirements: 2019. Norway, officially known as the “Kingdom of Norway”, is a sovereign state and a unitary monarchy. The country has an extensive coastline facing the North Atlantic Ocean. The country lies in Northern Europe in Scandinavia above the Arctic Circle. With these facts about Norway, let us learn more about its history, geography, culture, people, economy and many other interesting facts.
Yearly, many people travel to Norway for numerous reasons either for tourism, business, study, visit or immigration. Depending on the purpose of the trip to Norway, there are different types of visas that apply to the occasion.
So before applying for an Norway Schengen visa, it is necessary to know the Norway Schengen visa requirements and which of the visa category that you are eligible for.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR AN NORWAY VISA APPLICATION
The following documents are required for the Norway visa application:
- Firstly, download the application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Norway Schengen Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the visa – if not otherwise required
- Travel Insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Norway and the entire Schengen area
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Norway and itinerary
- Flight Reservation with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Norway.
- Proof of accommodation for the whole duration of the intended stay in Norway.
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Means of subsistence – Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Norway. A foreign national who seeks to enter the territory of Norway needs to attest to the Embassy or Consulate when applying for a Norwegian Visa owning of at least 500 NOKthat are equivalent to 53.34€. However, this number is not officially fixed and typically the amount is decided on a case-by-case basis.
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- No-objection certificate from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- Leave approval letter from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
*Note: The signed application form must be accompanied the rest of the above-mentioned mandatory documents and handed personally at the appropriate embassy/consulate or its representative in your home country.
Apart from the general documentation required, accompanying should be other additional documents depending on the purpose of your Norwegian Visa application.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE MOST FREQUENT PURPOSES OF THE NORWAY VISA APPLICATION
Norway Tourist/Visitor Visa:
- Invitation letter from your family or friends in Norway with the address and phone number – if applicable
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies
Norway Visa for Business Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the Norwegian company you will be visiting and their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel
- If there were previous trade relations between the two companies, proof of such events must be provided
- Business bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Memorandum and Article of Association in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies) Trade License (first issued and present renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents
- Regarding the applicant’s expenses during stay in the Schengen zone, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation.
Norway Visa for Medical Purposes:
- A local medical report
- A medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in Norway, confirming the date of your appointment as well as your medical situation
- Payment receipt of medical fees
Norway Visa for Culture, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the above-mentioned authorities with details upon the nature of events or activities – purpose of visit , expense coverage
- Names of the applicants (crew members)
- Duration of stay
- Travel itinerary
Norway Visa for Members of Official Delegations:
- The official invitation copy
- Identity of applicant
- Purpose of journey (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)
- Duration of stay
- Place of accommodation
Norway Visa for Study, Training, Research, or other type of Internship Purposes:
- An enrollment certificate allowing attendance of courses
- Certificate of completion or courses attended
- Financial sustenance
Norway Visa For The Wife/Husband of a Norwegian citizen:
- Proof of Norwegian citizenship (ID card or consular card or certification of Norwegian nationality or naturalization order)
- Norwegian marriage certificate
- Norwegian family record book
Norway Airport Transit Visa:
- Visa or other type of entry permit in the transit country
- Copy of your valid visa for your final destination
Norway Visa for Underage Children:
- Proof of parent’s regular income (work contract with specified monthly income or a bank statement or business license)
- Notarized travel permission from parent (parental travel consent)
- If one parent lives in another country – their notarized parental travel consent
*Note: When applying at the Norwegian embassy/consulate in home country, the guardian or parent should accompany their under-age children.
Please consult with the Norwegian Embassy in your country for the updated Italian Visa requirements!
- Click here to Learn how to write a perfect Invitation letter for Visa Application
- Click here to Learn how to write a cover letter for Visa Application