This Article contains information on the Italy Visa Application and Immigration Requirements: 2019. Italy, a European country with a long Mediterranean coastline, has left a powerful mark on Western culture and cuisine. Its capital, Rome, is home to the Vatican as well as landmark art and ancient ruins. Other major cities include Florence, with Renaissance masterpieces such as Michelangelo’s “David” and Brunelleschi’s Duomo; Venice, the city of canals; and Milan, Italy’s fashion capital.
It is exotic, has great cuisine, thousands of museums, friendly and passionate people and more. Let’s learn more with these interesting facts about Italy that cover its history, culture, geography, people, food, weird laws, and some interesting things for kids.
Yearly, many people travel to Italy for numerous reasons either for tourism, business, study, visit or immigration. Depending on the purpose of the trip to Italy, there are different types of visas that apply to the occasion.
So before applying for an Italian Schengen visa, it is necessary to know the Italy Schengen visa requirements and which of the visa category that you are eligible for.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR AN ITALIAN VISA APPLICATION
The following documents are required for the Italy visa application:
- Download the Italy Visa application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Italy Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy,
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages,
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the visa – if not otherwise required,
- Travel medical insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Italy and the entire Schengen area,
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Italy and itinerary,
- Flight ticket reservation (if applicable),
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable).
- Proof of accommodation for your entire stay in Italy.
- Means of subsistence – Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay. According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of Italy, the following are the required amounts of means of subsistence needed to be attested by a foreigner, at the moment applying for an Italian Visa to an Italian Embassy or Consulate:
- For stays up to 5 days: The overall amount is 269.60€ /person and 212.81 /two and more persons.
- For stays 6-10 days: The daily amount is 44.93€ /person and 26.33€ /two and more persons.
- For stays 11-20 days: The overall amount is 51.64€/person and 25.82€/ two and more persons, plus the daily amount is 36.67€/person and 22.21€/ two and more persons.
- For stays over 20 days: The overall amount is 206.58€/person and 118.79€/ two and more persons, plus the daily amount is 27.89€/person and 17,04/ two and more persons.
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- No-objection certificate from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- Leave approval letter from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
*Note: The signed application form must be accompanied the rest of the above-mentioned mandatory documents and handed personally at the appropriate embassy/consulate or its representative in your home country.
Apart from the general documentation required, accompanying should be other additional documents depending on the purpose of your Italy Visa application.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE MOST FREQUENT PURPOSES OF THE ITALIAN VISA APPLICATION
Italy Tourist Schengen Visa additional requirements:
- Invitation letter with the address and phone number from family member or sponsor in Italy – if applicable,
- Bank statement of the last 6 months,
- Passport copies.
Italy Visa for Business Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the Italian company you will be visiting and their detailed address in Italy accompanied with the dates of your visit,
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel,
- If there were previous trade relations between the two companies, proof of such events must be provided,
- Business bank statement of the latest 6 months,
- Memorandum and Article of Association in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies) Trade License (first issued and present renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents,
- Regarding the applicant’s expenses during stay in the Schengen zone, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation.
Italy Visa for Medical Purposes:
- A local medical report,
- A medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in Italy, confirming the date of your appointment as well as your medical situation,
- Payment receipt of medical fees.
Italy Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the above-mentioned authorities with details upon the nature of events or activities – purpose of visit , expense coverage,
- Names of the applicants (crew members),
- Duration of stay in Italy,
- Travel itinerary.
Italy Visa for Members of Official Delegations:
- The official invitation copy,
- Identity of applicant,
- Purpose of journey (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations) in Italy,
- Duration of stay in Italy,
- Place of accommodation in Italy.
Italy Visa for Study, Training, Research, or other type of Internship Purposes:
- An enrollment certificate allowing attendance of courses,
- Certificate of completion or courses attended,
- Financial sustenance.
Italy Visa For The Wife/Husband of an Italian citizen:
- Proof of Italian citizenship (ID card or consular card or certification of Italian nationality or naturalization order)
- Italian marriage certificate
- Italian family record book
Italy Airport Transit Visa:
- Visa or other type of entry permit in the transit country,
- Copy of your valid visa for your final destination.
Italy Visa for Underage Children:
- Proof of parent’s regular income (work contract with specified monthly income or a bank statement or business license)
- Notarized travel permission from parent (parental travel consent)
- If one parent lives in another country – their notarized parental travel consent
*Note: When applying at the Italian embassy/consulate in home country, the guardian or parent should accompany their under-age children.
Please consult with the Italian Embassy in your country for the updated Italian Visa requirements!