This Article contains information on the Slovenia Visa Application and Immigration Requirements: 2019. Slovenia, a country in Central Europe, is known for its mountains, ski resorts and lakes. On Lake Bled, a glacial lake fed by hot springs, the town of Bled contains a church-topped islet and a cliffside medieval castle. In Ljubljana, Slovenia’s capital, baroque facades mix with the 20th-century architecture of native Jože Plečnik, whose iconic Tromostovje (Triple Bridge) spans the tightly curving Ljubljanica River.
Slovenia is a central European country. Though being small, it is a natural bio-diverse nation with plenty of tourist attractions. With a narrow coastline, it shares its land borders with four countries. It is mostly a mountainous country.
Yearly, many people travel to Slovenia for numerous reasons either for tourism, business, study, visit or immigration. Depending on the purpose of the trip to Slovenia, there are different types of visas that apply to the occasion.
So before applying for an Slovenia Schengen visa, it is necessary to know the Slovenia Schengen visa requirements and which of the visa category that you are eligible for.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR AN SLOVENIA VISA APPLICATION
The following documents are required for the Slovenia visa application:
- Firstly, download the application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Schengen Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the visa – if not otherwise required
- Schengen Visa Insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Slovenia and the entire Schengen area.
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Slovenia and itinerary
- Dummy Air Ticket with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Slovenia
- Hotel Accomodation for the whole duration of the intended stay in Slovenia
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Means of subsistence – Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Slovenia.
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- No-objection certificate from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- Leave approval letter from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
*Note: The signed application form must be accompanied the rest of the above-mentioned mandatory documents and handed personally at the appropriate embassy/consulate or its representative in your home country.
Apart from the general documentation required, accompanying should be other additional documents depending on the purpose of your Slovenian Visa application.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE MOST FREQUENT PURPOSES OF THE SLOVENIA VISA APPLICATION
Slovenian Tourist/Visitor Visa additional requirements:
- Invitation letter from your family or friends in Slovenia with the address and phone number – if applicable
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies
Slovenia Visa for Business Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the Slovenian company you will be visiting and their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel
- If there were previous trade relations between the two companies, proof of such events must be provided
- Business bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Memorandum and Article of Association in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies) Trade License (first issued and present renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents
- Regarding the applicant’s expenses during stay in the Schengen zone, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation.
Slovenia Visa for Medical Purposes:
- A local medical report
- A medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in Slovenia, confirming the date of your appointment as well as your medical situation
- Payment receipt of medical fees
Slovenia Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the above-mentioned authorities with details upon the nature of events or activities – purpose of visit , expense coverage
- Names of the applicants (crew members)
- Duration of stay
- Travel itinerary
Slovenia Visa for Members of Official Delegations:
- The official invitation copy
- Identity of applicant
- Purpose of journey (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)
- Duration of stay
- Place of accommodation
Slovenia Visa for Study, Training, Research, or other type of Internship Purposes:
- An enrollment certificate allowing attendance of courses
- Certificate of completion or courses attended
- Financial sustenance
Slovenia Visa For The Wife/Husband of a Slovenian citizen:
- Proof of Slovenian citizenship (ID card or consular card or certification of Slovenian nationality or naturalization order)
- Slovene marriage certificate
- Slovene family record book
Slovenia Airport Transit Visa:
- Visa or other type of entry permit in the transit country
- Copy of your valid visa for your final destination
Slovenia Visa for Under-Age Children:
- Proof of parent’s regular income (work contract with specified monthly income or a bank statement or business license)
- Notarized travel permission from parent (parental travel consent)
- If one parent lives in another country – their notarized parental travel consent
*Note: When applying at the Slovenian embassy/consulate in home country, the guardian or parent should accompany their under-age children.
- Click here to Learn how to write a perfect Invitation letter for Visa Application
- Click here to Learn how to write a cover letter for Visa Application