This Article contains information on the Uzbekistan Visa Application and Immigration Requirements: 2019. Uzbekistan is a Central Asian country known for its ancient history, beautiful architecture and diverse culture. Once part of the USSR, today the country is an independent nation with much to interest those who plan to travel within its borders.
Yearly, many people travel to Uzbekistan for numerous reasons either for tourism, business, study, visit or immigration. Depending on the purpose of the trip to Uzbekistan, there are different types of visas that apply to the occasion.
Foreign citizens and stateless persons can get visas at the diplomatic representations and consular missions of the Republic of Uzbekistan abroad on the basis of the visa support (confirmation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan).
Visa support is issued on the basis of application of the inviting organization, company and persons who are permanently or temporarily residing in Uzbekistan and submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
So before applying for a Uzbekistan visa, it is necessary to know the Uzbekistan visa requirements and which of the visa category that you are eligible for.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR A UZBEKISTAN VISA APPLICATION
List of required documents to invite foreigners by organizations and companies:
- Visa application on Head letter of organizations and companies;
- E-form of the site evisa.mfa.uz;
- Copies of passports of the invited person, head of the organization, authorized person of organization to submit the documents;
- Copies of documents of the organization ( license, certificate, etc.);
- Copies of orders to the head and the authorized person;
- Copy of Power of Attorney for the authorized person;
- For arrival visa at the airport “Tashkent” should be provided copies of tickets;
- Certificate of employment of the invited person.
List of required documents to invite foreigners by persons:
- Visa application form;
- E-form of the site evisa.mfa.uz;
- Copies of passports of the invited and the inviting person;
- An original invitation issued by the authorities of internal affairs of Uzbekistan;
- Copies of documents confirming relationship between invited and the inviting person;
- For arrival visa at the airport “Tashkent” should be provided copies of tickets.
Processing of visa application is up to 10 working days if documents have been submitted due to the established order.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE MOST FREQUENT PURPOSES OF THE UZBEKISTAN VISA APPLICATION
In order to apply for the visa, foreign citizens and stateless persons are to submit the following documents to the diplomatic representation or consular mission of Uzbekistan abroad:
- passport or document of stateless person, expiry date of which must exceed the visa’s period of validity not less than 3 months;
- 2 copies of duly completed visa application form;
- 2 passport-size colored photos.
For a transit visa foreign citizens and stateless persons in addition to the above mentioned documents must have a visa of the country of final destination and travel documents with confirmed date of departure from Uzbekistan. In this case processing of visa application is 3 working days.
Foreign citizens and stateless persons arriving from the countries where there is no diplomatic representation or consular mission of the Republic of Uzbekistan can get visas upon arrival at the Visa Section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan at the Tashkent International Airport. In this case the inviting physical or juridical person in Uzbekistan must apply in advance to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan in due order, get visa confirmation (stamp) of the Visa Division of the Consular Department and forward it to the invited person. This confirmation should be shown by invited person while buying an air-ticket and passing through passport control and the visa shall be issued on its basis on arrival at the Visa Section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan at the Tashkent International Airport.
Uzbekistan Visa for Applicants under 16
Foreign citizens under the age of 16 do not need a visa to enter Uzbekistan if they:
- are accompanied by a parent or guardian who has an entry visa to Uzbekistan, and
- have a passport or biometric travel document.
The length of the child’s stay is limited to the period of validity of his parent or guardian’s visa (but, in any case, cannot exceed 90 days). A foreign citizen who will reach the age of 16 during his or her stay in Uzbekistan needs to obtain an exit visa at the Office of Entry, Exit and Citizenship.
The legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan has set the following consular fees for the visa issuance:
a) For single entry visas:
- up to 7 days — $40;
- up to 15 days — $50;
- up to 30 days — $60;
- up to 3 months — $80;
- up to 6 months — $120;
- up to 1 year — $160.
Note: For each additional entry the fee shall be increased by $10.
b) For multiple entry visas:
- up to 6 months — $150;
- up to 1 year — $250.
c) For transit visas:
- up to 72 hours — $40;
- double entry transit visa — $50.
d) For group visas (groups must consist of more than 5 persons excluding children under 16 years old):
- up to 15 days — $15 per person;
- up to 30 days — $25 per person.
Except these fees the fees for reimbursement of actual expenses related to the visa issuance (administrative fees) will also be paid. The rates of these fees depend on the place of visa issuance (irrespective of applicant’s citizenship).
*Note: When applying at the Uzbekistan embassy/consulate in home country, the guardian or parent should accompany their under-age children.
Please consult the Uzbekistan Embassy in your country for the updated Uzbekistan Visa requirements!
- Click here to Learn how to write a perfect Invitation letter for Visa Application
- Click here to Learn how to write a cover letter for Visa Application