This Article contains information on the Kenya Visa Application and Immigration Requirements: 2019. Kenya, officially the Republic of Kenya, is a country in East Africa. It has a population of 47,615,739 (July 2017 est.)
The main economic activity in Kenya is farming. The country is among the top exporters of coffee, tea, flowers, and pyrethrum. Due to their quality, Kenyan coffee and tea are normally grabbed the moment it reaches the international market.
Yearly, many people travel to Kenyan for numerous reasons either for tourism, business, study, visit or immigration. Depending on the purpose of the trip to Kenyan, there are different types of visas that apply to the occasion.
So before applying for a Kenyan visa, it is necessary to know the Kenyan visa requirements and which of the visa category that you are eligible for.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR A KENYA VISA APPLICATION
The following documents are required for the Switzerland visa application:
- Passport valid for at least six months, with at least one blank page for entry stamp
- A return ticket
- One scanned photograph – must follow the Kenyan government’s photo guideline
- Travel itinerary
- Hotel bookings
- Invitation letter – if visiting family
Apart from the general documentation required, accompanying should be other additional documents depending on the purpose of your Kenya Visa application.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE MOST FREQUENT PURPOSES OF THE KENYAN VISA APPLICATION
Kenya visa requirements for a single entry visa
If you are planning a trip to Kenya, it is most likely that you are going to need the single entry visa. It is valid for three months before travel and you can use it to stay in Kenya for no longer than 90 days. If you want to extend the length of your trip, you can prolong the validity of your visa at the Nairobi immigration headquarters for another 90 days.
Now, you are going to need different documents depending on the purpose of your trip.
- If you are going on a business visit, you will need to attach an invitation letter for business visits or an invitation letter from company, as well as a copy of company’s registration.
- If it is a family visit, you will be required to attach an invitation letter from your family member along with the copy of their passport/identity card/entry permit/alien card.
- For a tourist visit, you are going to need hotel bookings and travel itinerary (meaning the details about the places you want to visit as a tourist).
Requirements for a transit visa
During your application, all the documents you will need to upload are the clear copy of your passport’s bio data page and a clear passport photograph. Just like with the single entry visa, you will need a travel document that is valid for at least six months and at least one blank page in your passport, but instead of a return ticket, you will need an onward ticket.
Requirements for a courtesy visa
- You will need a travel document that is valid for at least six months with at least one blank page.
- Your passport needs to be either diplomatic, official or service.
- You will need an official letter from your country of origin/foreign affairs/organization.
- If you are traveling with the members of your family that do not have a diplomatic, official or service passport, they do not qualify for this type of visa.
*Note: When applying at the Kenya embassy/consulate in home country, the guardian or parent should accompany their under-age children.
Please consult the Kenyan Embassy in your country for the updated Kenyan Visa requirements!