This Article contains information on the Estonia Visa Application and Immigration Requirements: 2019. Estonia, a country in Northern Europe, borders the Baltic Sea and Gulf of Finland. Including more than 1,500 islands, its diverse terrain spans rocky beaches, old-growth forest and many lakes. Formerly part of the Soviet Union, it’s dotted with castles, churches and hilltop fortresses.
Estonia Visa Application and Immigration Requirements: 2019
The capital, Tallinn, has a preserved Old Town, museums and the 314m-high Tallinn TV Tower’s observation deck. Let’s explore more about this country
Yearly, many people travel to Estonia for numerous reasons either for tourism, business, study, visit or immigration. Depending on the purpose of the trip to Estonia, there are different types of visas that apply to the occasion.
So before applying for a Estonia Schengen visa, it is necessary to know the Estonia Schengen visa requirements and which of the visa category that you are eligible for.
LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR AN AUSTRIA VISA APPLICATION
The following documents are required for the Estonian visa application:
- Download the application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Estonia Schengen Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- Travel medical insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Estonia and the entire Schengen area
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Estonia and itinerary
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Estonia. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the visa – if not otherwise required.
- Proof of Accommodation for the whole duration of the intended stay in Estonia.
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Means of subsistence – Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Estonia. The amount of financial means that every foreigner applying for an Estonian Visa has to demonstrate owning to the Estonian Embassy or Consulate, is 600 EEK or 38.35€ /day for the period of stay in Estonia.
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- No-objection letter from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- No-objection certificate from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
*Note: The signed application form must be accompanied the rest of the above-mentioned mandatory documents and handed personally at the appropriate embassy/consulate or its representative in your home country.
Apart from the general documentation required, accompanying should be other additional documents depending on the purpose of your Estonian Visa application.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE MOST FREQUENT PURPOSES OF THE AUSTRIAN VISA APPLICATION
Estonia Tourist/Visitor Visa:
- Invitation letter from your family or friends in Estonia with the address and phone number – if applicable
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies
Estonia Visa for Business Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the Estonian company you will be visiting and their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel
- If there were previous trade relations between the two companies, proof of such events must be provided
- Business bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Memorandum and Article of Association in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies) Trade License (first issued and present renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents
- Regarding the applicant’s expenses during stay in the Schengen zone, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation.
Estonia Visa for Medical Purposes:
- A local medical report
- A medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in Estonia, confirming the date of your appointment as well as your medical situation
- Payment receipt of medical fees
Estonia Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the above-mentioned authorities with details upon the nature of events or activities – purpose of visit , expense coverage
- Names of the applicants (crew members)
- Duration of stay
- Travel itinerary
Estonia Visa for Members of Official Delegations:
- The official invitation copy
- Identity of applicant
- Purpose of journey (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)
- Duration of stay
- Place of accommodation
Estonia Visa for Study, Training, Research, or other type of Internship Purposes:
- An enrollment certificate allowing attendance of courses
- Certificate of completion or courses attended
- Financial sustenance
Estonia Visa For The Wife/Husband of a Estonian citizen:
- Proof of Estonian citizenship (ID card or consular card or certification of Estonian nationality or naturalization order)
- Estonian marriage certificate
- Estonian family record book
Estonia Airport Transit Visa:
- Visa or other type of entry permit in the transit country
- Copy of your valid visa for your final destination
Estonia Visa for Under-Age Children:
- Proof of parent’s regular income (work contract with specified monthly income or a bank statement or business license)
- Notarized travel permission from parent (parental travel consent)
- If one parent lives in another country – their notarized parental travel consent
*Note: When applying at the Estonian embassy/consulate in home country, the guardian or parent should accompany their under-age children.
Please consult with the Estonian Embassy in your country for the updated Estonian Visa requirements!
- Click here to Learn how to write a perfect Invitation letter for Visa Application
- Click here to Learn how to write a cover letter for Visa Application