Gaining admission to college is a major accomplishment and one that will set the path of your future for decades to come. When you are preparing to apply to college or university, you will likely be confronted with an essay question designed to help the admissions office to understand one who you are as a person. In East Africa, securing your place in a top school can be a ticket toward a stable and secure future, and this applies equally to attending a homegrown college or traveling abroad for an international education. However, the process of writing an essay or a personal statement for your application can be challenging and stressful. In this article, we’ll take a look at how you can improve your college admission essays so your application paper will stand out from the hundreds or even thousands of other students competing for a limited number of seats.
Six Steps to a Winning Essay for College Admission
- Write about yourself with passion and honesty. When you write your application essay, be sure that you write the truth, straight from your heart. By being completely honest and sharing your authentic self with the college you want to attend, your passion for education and your commitment to your life goals will show through. Don’t simply write what you think the college wants to hear because if it is not your true and authentic self, the falseness in your writing will show through and the college will think less of your application. Remember, colleges read thousands of personal essays each year, and they have developed a strong sense of what a passionate paper feels like and when an applicant is making things up.
- Write about your own experiences from your perspective. When you write your application essay, it should rest on your own experiences and knowledge, not research you glean from the internet. The college or university you apply to wants to hear from you about your own life and your own experiences. They don’t need to see that you are able to Google a bunch of details that you didn’t personally experience. Remember, they are looking for authenticity, to understand who you are as a person and what you can bring to the incoming class.
- Carefully read the essay question. This may sound obvious, but one of the most important things you can do is to read the essay question thoroughly. Most college application essay topics are purposely broad and vague, but that doesn’t mean that there are no rules governing what to write about. Make sure you understand the essay question and that the topic you want to write about fits within the parameters of the question. An essay that isn’t on topic will get your application moved to the bottom of the consideration pile.
- Write more than one draft. When you complete your first draft, it’s tempting to send it off and consider your work done. But your first draft shouldn’t be the end of your essay writing adventure. No first draft is perfect, so you need to put in the time to revise, edit, and perfect your paper, just as all of your competitors are doing. The more time you put into polishing the final product, the more your essay will represent the best of your skills and serve as a showcase for your talents, drive, and dedication.
- Take inspiration from great essays. Personal essays are an art form and not one that students know instinctively how to produce. Reading good writing can help you to develop skills for your own essay. Reading other people’s great personal essays, such as those collected in annual anthologies of great essays, can give you some tips and tricks that you can use in developing your own personal statement. Just be careful that you don’t unintentionally echo an essay you read. Some of the people reading your essay will have read those essays, too. Make sure that your statement is completely original. After all, more than a few students have found their applications rejected because they plagiarized their personal statements.
- When in doubt, hire an expert to help with your application essay. If you are completely out of ideas and need help to write your application essay, using a college admission essay writing service like WriteMyPaperHub can be an effective way to get the help you need. This type of online service uses experts to write application essays for students just like you. When you buy an essay and read how writers with years of experience writing application essays would approach capturing the real you in essay form, you will be able to gather great ideas to help make your essay the best it can be. Professional writers have an expert’s eye, so take advantage of an expert edge to help secure your college admission.
Leave Your Rivals Behind — Use All the Means
When it comes to writing an admissions essay for college, too much is at stake. It is not just a paper you wait to be graded by a professor, a paper that holds some percentage of your final score for some course. An admissions essay is effectively a piece of writing that can change your life. You can get into the college of your dreams, study the disciplines you find the most perspective, and graduate from the school that is the best background for the career path you have chosen. Or you can fail. It all starts and ends with a decision made by a particular admission committee.
That is why, if you are not sure that even with the tips given above, you can come up with a stellar paper on your own, the best choice is to address a professional writing service. There are companies writing CV’s and motivational letters for people, and it is legal. Companies helping students with application essays do the same job. Often, it isn’t easy to present yourself in the best way, even if you are good at writing essays in general. Here, you can entrust a specialist to do it for you while you support the story with the needed information and background. It is time to leave your rivals behind.