This article contains information on How to check BECE results 2020 for Ghanaian and Nigerians.
The Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) is the main examination to qualify students for admission into senior secondary and vocational schools in Ghana and Nigeria. It is written after three years of junior high school education. It is administered by the Ghana Education Service under the Ministry of Education.
In Nigeria, it is administered by the state ministry of education in each state under the supervision of the National Examinations Council (NECO). NECO directly organizes examinations for Unity Schools, Armed Forces Secondary Schools and other Federal Government schools. Candidates in the third year of junior high schools approved by the Ghana Education Service are eligible for the examination. It is conducted annually in June (Ghana), May/June (Nigeria).
Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) Registration
Schools approved by the Ghana Education Service or NECO are eligible to register students for the BECE each year. The six-week entry period begins in October and ends in November. Participating schools upload their Statement of Entries and School Choice Files via the Internet for processing. Continuous Assessment Scores are submitted to the Council on compact discs.
Candidate grading and selection
The examination consists of multiple-choice and written questions, and Continuous (Internal) Assessment marks provided by the schools. In Ghana, candidates are graded on a nine-point scale, with Grade 1 for highest performance and Grade 9 for lowest.
From 2017–Date, Candidates in Nigeria have been graded on a non-linear 5 point scale from
- A(Distinction) The highest grade
- B(Upper Credit)
- C(Lower Credit)
- F(Fail) The lowest grade.
Review of Scripts
Scripts are kept for three months after the announcement of results before they are finally destroyed. During this time, review of scripts for a fee is granted and this is done at the instance of the Head of school or an authorised spokesperson of the school since the Basic Education Certificate Examination is a school-based examination. The Council by policy does not initiate a review of scripts at the instance of candidates, parents, guardians, or persons claiming to act “in loco parentis”
The Ghana Education Service uses its Computerized School Selection and Placement System to place successful BECE examines in senior high schools, technical institutes and vocational institutions. In Nigeria, each school determines the appropriate placement of students in either Science, Arts, Commercial or vocational study tracks based on their BECE results.
Scripts (graded tests) are kept for three months, then destroyed. During this time, they may be examined, for a fee, though by the authorization of a school’s head or its accredited representative.
BECE Results 2020
Students who appeared for the Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) must check their qualifying status from the BECE Results 2020 which is to be announced by the West African Examinations Council.
When Will The 2020 BECE Results Be Out?
This the question that is begging for answer in the minds of students that sat for BECE 2020.
The West African Examinations Council have declared that the BECE results will be released on 1st December 2020. This year saw the highest number of candidates taking the exam and the BECE results checking process has been simplified this year. Students are required to buy a scratch card from trusted sources to check their BECE results. Once you have the scratch card, you can launch the internet browser on your device. You can use any of the following browsers; Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
How To Check BECE Results On Phone?
To check BECE results on the phone, you need a phone with an internet connection. The following are the steps to take to check your BECE 2020
- Use a browser and access ghana.waecdirect.org.
- Obtain your index number by buying a scratch card from Ghana Post, Apex Bank and Lismic Consult Limited.
- Select the type of examination.
- Select the examination year.
- Enter the number found on the back of the scratch card.
- Now enter the Index number obtained from the scratch card.
- Recheck and confirm Exam date and the Index number.
- Click on Submit and wait for your result.
BECE 2020 for Nigerians
like in Ghana, Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) is conducted for candidates in their third year (final year) of the Junior Secondary School. The administration of the National Examinations Council (NECO) has issued the results of candidates that participated in its 2020 Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE).
To check your 2020 (JSS3)/BECE Junior WAEC result, you will have to purchase NECO token from NECO Portal for you to have access to the result.
NECO (BECE) Examination Result Checking Guidelines 2020
Each state of the federation and the FCT manages the BECE for its candidates and to check your result you will need to visit the state’s result portal. Some states like Imo state have a result checking portal for BECE result and some other states like Oyo, Lagos, Ondo, Kwara, Osun, Kogi, PortHarcourt, Edo, etc. have.
To check your Junior WAEC result for states that have an online portal, you will have to get a PIN and visit the portal to check your JSS3 result.
For example, for candidates from Plateau state:
- visit http://plabece.com.ng/
- Click on “open result checker”
- Enter your scratch card number, candidate full exam number, date of birth.
- click on preview and your result will display.
And for states that don’t have an online portal, the result will be sent from the ministry of education to all principals of the various public secondary schools in the state.
The National Examination Council of Nigeria, NECO announced the launch of their new portal for registration and result checking of their examination. This comes with some modifications with the process of buying the scratch card for BECE
Candidates can now register for their NECO Examinations and check their results online without the use of a scratch card. The scratch card was presented as a means of enrolling for exams and also for result checking purposes.
Getting the scratch card over the years have agitated several issues, like the sale of cards at excessive charges by unapproved centres; the delay in candidate’s results and many more.
With the introduction of this new platform, NECO has guaranteed stringent assent with TSA as well as guarding candidates against being extorted when they have to go to a cybercafe, to either register for an exam or check their result.This does not help the candidate alone but NECO as well.
The cost acquired as a result of the production of millions of scratch cards yearly is saved. The online payment feature on the website has some payment options, including card payment, account transfer online or at the bank premise using the generated Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR).
According to the National Examinations Council (NECO), the latest Results online system offers a handy method to check all NECO examination results. Once results are released, it will be made available via the NECO Results system (www.result.neco.gov.ng).
Using NECO Results, candidates can check their SSCE, BECE and NCEE results by purchasing tokens. The token(s) can be shared with candidates, parents, schools, organizations or any person who wished to view the candidate’s results.
NECO Results enable users to carry out other activities also, these include:
- Register an Account.
- Purchase a Token.
- Share your Token.
- Check your Results.
- Check Results with a Shared Token.
Steps to Purchase NECO Result Checker Token for SSCE and BECE
STEP 1: Register an Account.
Before you can check your results, you need to create an account. The steps below will guide you through how to register an account.
- Visit neco.gov.ng Kindly note that this second link is old and can’t be used http://www.mynecoexams.com/results/default.aspx
- Navigate to ‘NECO Results’.
- On the NECO Results page, scroll down and click on the ‘Visit NECO Results’ button.
- Wait for the NECO Results Application to load.
- Once you’re there, click on ‘Register a new account’ to create your new account.
- Now, Enter your full name, phone number, email address and a secure password.
- Click the `Register` button. A confirmation link will be sent to the email address you used to register.
- In your email inbox, open the mail from NECO Results and click on the link to verify your account.
STEP 2: Login To NECO Results Account
Once you’ve created an account the next step is to log-in. Follow the guide below to login to your account.
- Navigate to ‘Our Exams’ and select ‘NECO Results’ from the drop-down.
- On the NECO Results page, scroll down and click on ‘Visit NECO Results’ button.
- Click on the ‘Login here’ Login link.
- Enter the email or phone number you used to register.
- Enter your secure password and log in to access your account and click on Login.
STEP 3: Purchase a Token
A token acts like a scratch card, it is used to check results when they are released by NECO.
- Visit the NECO Result page: results.neco.gov.ng
- Click on purchase token.
- Enter your login details.
- Click on ‘Purchase token’
- Enter the number of tokens you wish to buy and click on pay now (NB: a token is N500 + N50 service charge).
- Wait for the connection to the payment gateway and enter your card details to purchase the tokens.
- Once payment is successful, you can see how many tokens were bought.
STEP 4: Where to Find my Tokens.
If you bought a token and are unable to find it, you can easily click on TOKENS on your dashboard or MY TOKENS on the side menu
This action will take you to you purchased tokens, and they will be listed out on the tab called UNUSED.
If your token(s) is not listed under UNUSED it could either be ACTIVE or EXHAUSTED.
Clicking on either of these two tabs will show you the tokens which are being used(Active) or tokens which can no longer be used (Exhausted).
STEP 5: How to Check Your Results.
There are two ways to checking your result.
- You log in to your account and purchase a token and use your purchased token to check your account.
- An already purchased token is shared with you and you use that to check your result.
Method 1: Purchasing a token from your account
You can purchase a token by login to your account and clicking on the purchase token button.
- Visit the NECO Result page: neco.gov.ng
- Select your Exam Year and Type.
- Enter the 12 digits token number and your exam registration number.
- Click on ‘check result’ and wait for examination results to be presented on screen.
N.B: One token can be used a maximum of 5 times. After this limit, you will need to purchase a new token to view results again.
To check your Exam Results follow the steps below;
- Visit www.neco.gov.ng
- Navigate to ‘Our Exams’ and click on ‘NECO Results’
- Scroll down and click on the ‘Visit NECO Results’ button.
- Select the Exam Year.
- Select Exam Type.
- Enter the 12-digit token number.
- Enter your Registration Number.
- Click on ‘Check Result’ button and your result will be printed out.
STEP 7: Sharing Your Token.
You can share your purchased token with a friend or a family member, so they can view your results.
The steps below will show you how to share your token
- Visit neco.gov.ng
- Navigate to ‘Our Exams’ and click on ‘NECO Results’
- Scroll down and click on the ‘Visit NECO Results’ button. You’ll be navigated to the NECO results app page.
- Login to your account and click on the ‘Purchase Token’ button. If you’ve already purchased a token go to the next step
- Once you’ve purchased a token, click on view token button. Alternatively, from the dashboard click on the tokens button.
- Click on the ‘Unlinked Tab’ then click on ‘Share’ and choose your preferred method to share your token.
STEP 8: How to Print Tokens
After purchasing a token to check your result, you can also share it by printing it out.
- First login to your account and purchase a token.
- Click on MY TOKENS on the side menu or TOKENS on your dashboard.
- Click on the PRINT TOKENS button.
- Your tokens will be listed out on a new page, click the PRINT button again, select your printer and print your tokens.
STEP 9: Viewing your Purchase History
You can view all your previously purchased tokens by going through the following steps:
- Visit the NECO Result page and log in to your account
- On your dashboard, Click on tokens to see a list of all tokens you have purchased.
- You may navigate between Active or Linked tokens, unlinked tokens or used tokens.
STEP 10: Viewing & Troubleshooting your Transactions
You can view all your previously purchased tokens by going through the following steps:
- Visit the NECO Result page and log in to your account.
- On your dashboard, click on the Transactions button.
STEP 11: Resolving Payments made with Bank Branch Option on Remitta
While purchasing a token, if you chose Bank Branch payment and are still unable to view your tokens, use the steps below to retry your transaction. If it was successful, your transaction will be approved otherwise it will fail.
- On your dashboard, click on the TRANSACTIONS button or the side menu.
- All previous transactions will be listed out.
- Click on the CHECK STATUS button.
- The payment status will be loaded, Click RETRY to attempt the transaction again.
- Once payment is confirmed, the transaction will be approved, you can view your tokens in MY TOKENS.
A good BECE result places you in the best option for secondary education and it is paramount you keep the result safe as the BECE board doesn’t issue a new certificate if the one given is lost. Certificates for victorious candidates are provided within a month after results are issued, and are sent to schools for collection by individual candidates. Certificates lost or damaged after collection are not replaced.
- List of Top Highest Paying Jobs in Nigeria
- 17 Interesting Things You Can To Do In Zambia
- Different Resignation Letter Formats and Examples
- Top 10 Best Interior Design Schools in the World
- Differences Between Diploma and Degree
- 20 Interesting Things to do in Kenya
- How to Become an Insurance Broker In South Africa
- Top 18 Careers in Humanities
- Steps on Becoming a Nurse In South Africa
- How to Become a Lecturer in South Africa
- List of 13 Highest Paying Jobs in Nigeria
- How to Answer “Why Should We Hire You?
- 8 Common Job Interview Questions and Answers
- How to Become a Successful Business Manager
- How to Become a Successful Business Owner
- Steps on How to Become a Biochemist
- What You Can do With a Banking and Finance Degree
- How to Become A Successful Real Estate Agent
- How To Become An Investment Banker
- 11 Things You Can Do With a Geophysics Degree
- Top Professions That Needs Certification
- 10 Things to do With a Biomedical Degree
- What You Can do With an Architecture Degree
- What You Can do As a Geologist
- What To Do With A Sociology Degree
- Career Tips for School Leavers
- Steps on Preparing for Life After School
- What Can I do With an Arabic Studies Degree?
- What Can I do as An Agricultural Engineer
- What Can I do With an Anatomy Degree?
- What You Can Do With a Computer Science Degree
- What to do With a Degree in Adult Education
- What Can I Do With An Actuarial Degree?
- What Can I Do With a Biology Degree?
- What Can I Do With a Psychology Degree?
- What To Do With A 2.2 (Second Class Lower) Degree
- Gaining Knowledge through the Current Crisis
- Things You Must Do To Get Ready To Work at the Office Again
- Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs in the World
- How to Become A Medical Doctor in the USA
- What to do with a Mass Communication Degree
- What to Do With Mathematics Degree
- What to Do With an Agricultural Economics Degree
- 10 Reasons why you Need a Professional Certificate
- What You Can Do With a Marketing Degree
- What to do With a Pass Degree
- 5 Alternative Careers for Librarians
- Why You Should Study a Course You Love