The application for the Amsterdam International Merit Scholarships for the academic year 2023/2024 is now open by University of Amsterdam for all International Students in Netherlands.
The University of Amsterdam hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the 2023/2024 Scholarship. The University of Amsterdam has set-up a tertiary Scholarship to bolster capacity, expertise and work opportunities related to different sectors. It is intended for tertiary students at the Graduate. The university will provide financial support for high achieving candidates. The scholarship consists of an amount equal to the tuition fee. Please note that the scholarship cannot be used as a (partial) tuition waiver. The applicant must still pay the full amount of tuition due. Scholarship holders will receive their grant in monthly installments. Selected AMS candidates may receive a top-up scholarship in the form of the Holland Scholarship. University of Amsterdam has allocated Scholarship specifically for the following fields below.
The University of Amsterdam and its community believe in the potential of youth. We believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth. Education creates opportunities for youth to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the economy, achieve upward mobility, and change the world for the better for all in it.
For the Amsterdam Merit Scholarships, we are looking for students who will be meeting the admission requirements and other eligibility requirements of the hosting universities stated below.
AMSTERDAM MERIT SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
Eligible courses are:
- Students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for scholarships.
Eligible criteria are:
- Candidates wishing to take part in the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship programme must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans and/or the low tuition fee.
- Be fully admitted to a degree programme at the Graduate School of Social Sciences. Scholarship continuation is not guaranteed when a candidate changes his or her degree programme.
- Be admitted unconditionally to a Master’s programme of the Graduate School of Social Sciences, and this programme being the first programme for the applicant, either on bachelor level or master level, in The Netherlands.
- Be able to comply with Dutch visa regulations.
- Be enrolled at the UvA as a full-time student for the academic year and the programme for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must proof of English proficiency (IELS/TOEFL): TOEFL (internet-based) – overall score of 100 (with a minimum score of 22 in each of the different components), IELTS (academic) – overall score of 7.0 (with at least 7.0 in each of the four components).
HOW TO APPLY FOR AMSTERDAM MERIT SCHOLARSHIPS
Applications must be submitted online at:
Kindly attach the following documents:
Please note you will need to ensure all the below documents are accessible on the device (cellphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) you will be using to apply. The documents include:
- The requirement includes:
- Official post-secondary transcripts
- Mark sheets
- Degree conferrals
- A copy of the passport photo page
- Official bank statement.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted on or before 15 February, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.