The application for the Mandela Scholarship for the academic year 2023/2024 is now open by University of Sussex for South African in UK.
The University of Sussex hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the 2023/2024 Scholarship. The University of Sussex has set-up a tertiary scholarship to bolster capacity, expertise and work opportunities related to different sectors. It is intended for tertiary students at the Master. The university will provide financial support for high achieving candidates. The University of Sussex will provide a full tuition fee waiver and £12,000 maintenance to one selected student from South Africa applying for a master’s study at Sussex starting in September 2023. University of Sussex has allocated scholarship specifically for the following fields below.
The University of Sussex and its community believe in the potential of youth. We believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth. Education creates opportunities for youth to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the economy, achieve upward mobility, and change the world for the better for all in it.
For the Mandela Scholarship, we are looking for students who will be meeting the admission requirements and other eligibility requirements of the hosting universities stated below.
MANDELA SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
Eligible courses are:
- The scholarship will be awarded for the master’s degree program at Sussex.
Eligible criteria are:
- South Africa Students can apply.
- have applied and received an offer for a full-time, eligible Master’s degree at Sussex starting in September 2023
- be a South African national
- hold a good undergraduate degree from an African university, the equivalent of a UK Upper Second class degree
- Preference may be given to candidates with work experience who see a Masters at Sussex as a catalyst for future career development.
- Preference will also be given to applicants that do not already hold the equivalent of a UK Master’s degree.
- Applicants must have at least an upper second-class (2:1) or lower second-class (2:2) undergraduate honors degree (or equivalent), depending on the course they are applying for.
- To study master’s at Sussex, applicants must check the full entry requirements for international applicants.
- If applicants are international students, they need to meet English language requirements or successfully complete the pre-sessional English course.
HOW TO APPLY FOR MANDELA SCHOLARSHIP
Applications must be submitted online at:
Kindly attach the following documents:
Please note you will need to ensure all the below documents are accessible on the device (cellphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) you will be using to apply. The documents include:
- The requirement include:
- A written statement that details their background
- Future plans
- And leadership potential.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted on or before 9 May, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on Facebook & follow us on Follow @EAfinder OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.