The application for the Open Doors Fellowship Program for the academic year 2022/2023 is now open by UGent- VIB International Plant Biotechnology Outreach (VIB-IPBO) for Women Researchers in Africa.
The UGent- VIB International Plant Biotechnology Outreach (VIB-IPBO) hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the 2022/2023 Fellowship Program. The UGent- VIB International Plant Biotechnology Outreach (VIB-IPBO) has set-up a tertiary Fellowship Program to bolster capacity, expertise and work opportunities related to different sectors. It is intended for tertiary students at the Masters degree. TheUGent- VIB International Plant Biotechnology Outreach (VIB-IPBO) will provide the fellowship winners a fully-funded short research stage of three months in Belgium. UGent- VIB International Plant Biotechnology Outreach (VIB-IPBO) has allocated Fellowship Program specifically for the following fields below.
The UGent- VIB International Plant Biotechnology Outreach (VIB-IPBO) and its community believe in the potential of youth. We believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth. Education creates opportunities for youth to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the economy, achieve upward mobility, and change the world for the better for all in it.
For the Open Doors Fellowship Program, we are looking for students who will be meeting the admission requirements and other eligibility requirements of the hosting universities stated below.
OPEN DOORS FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
Eligible courses are:
- The students can take up a post-doctoral position at an African institute or university.
Eligible Criteria are:
- UK or EU students
- The applicants must have received and accepted an offer on an eligible Masters programme.
- You should have a lower second-class (2.2) undergraduate honours degree or above.
- Your qualification should be in a subject which has a basic coverage of accounting and finance. Candidates with degrees in economics, business or management will also be considered on a case by case basis. You may also be considered for the course if you have other professional qualifications or experience of equivalent standing.
- For taking admission, applicants must check all the entry requirements of the university.
- The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests: IELTS – 6.5, TOEFL IBT – 88, PTE – 62, Duolingo – 115, CAE – 176, CPE –176.
HOW TO APPLY FOR OPEN DOORS FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
Applications must be submitted online at:
Kindly attach the following documents:
Please note you will need to ensure all the below documents are accessible on the device (cellphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) you will be using to apply. The documents include:
- The requirement includes:
- A duly filled application
- A motivation letter from the candidate
- A maximum 3-page CV. Please note that a CV with more than three pages will not be reviewed.
- Soft copies of the academic transcripts of the PhD and the diploma.
- A list of publications, including papers, book chapters, technical reviews in indexed journals, and patents
- A signed letter from the applicant’s direct supervisor to indicate how she/he intends to support the fellow in completing her training program
- An official signed letter from the Human Resources Office of the applicant’s institution to prove that the applicant has a valid contract in SSA for the duration of the fellowship.
- A signed letter from the research centre in Belgium supporting the applicant’s short research stay (only for Modality B applications).
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted on or before 10th of January 2023. Late applications will not be considered.