The application for the African Graduate Fellowships for the academic year 2022/2023 is now open by American University in Cairo for all International Students in Cairo.
The American University in Cairo hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the 2022/2023 Fellowships. The American University in Cairo has set-up a tertiary fellowships to bolster capacity, expertise and work opportunities related to different sectors. It is intended for tertiary students at the Graduate programs. The fellowship covers: Tuition fees, for a maximum of nine credits per semester, Monthly stipend, Student services and activities fees, Medical service and health insurance fees, A monthly housing allowance for non-residents of Cairo or accommodation in University residences at AUC New Cairo Campus. American University in Cairo has allocated fellowships specifically for the following fields below.
The American University in Cairo and its community believe in the potential of youth. We believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth. Education creates opportunities for youth to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the economy, achieve upward mobility, and change the world for the better for all in it.
For the African Graduate Fellowships, we are looking for students who will be meeting the admission requirements and other eligibility requirements of the hosting universities stated below.
AFRICAN GRADUATE FELLOWSHIPS APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
Eligible courses are:
- PhD study in ‘Healthy Food, Healthy Planet, Healthy People‡ at the Centre of Research Excellence (CRE) of the George Institute for Global Health can be applied for.
Eligible criteria are:
- Non-Egyptian African nationals can apply for these grants. List of Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Non-Egyptian African nationals
- Open to all disciplines of graduate studies
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree with a minimum overall rating of very good, an overall grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent
- Satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements, including submission of AUC graduate application, additional documents and any required test scores (GMAT for MBA applicants, GRE for economics, economics in international development, and GRE or GMAT for the finance program applicants)
- Submit an International TOEFL iBT exam score or an IELTS exam score meeting the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions.
- To retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2 or above.
- Applicants who satisfy one or more of the following criteria qualify for the exemption:
- Satisfactory scores on appropriate standardized tests including the SAT and College Board Advanced Placement tests. Students with a verbal SAT 1 score of 1000 on the English components, with a minimum score of 450 on each component, will be exempted from the English placement exam and placed into RHET 1010. Students who have taken Advanced Placement (AP) courses with grades 4 and above may be granted transfer credits.
- Successful completion of one or more non-remedial, university-level English courses
- Successful completion of English-medium secondary school course work and examinations that qualify for advanced placement, including the International Baccalaureate diploma program, the 13th year of Canadian education and the GCE A-Level Certificate in English.
HOW TO APPLY FOR AFRICAN GRADUATE FELLOWSHIPS
Applications must be submitted online at:
Kindly attach the following documents:
Please note you will need to ensure all the below documents are accessible on the device (cellphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) you will be using to apply. The documents include:
- The requirement includes:
- (Form 2) of no less than 500 words. Applicants selecting two programs for admission consideration should include two separate statements.
- A CV that must include work experience and educational background, official transcript, two letters of recommendation, Medical reports.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted on or before January 15, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.