The application for the International PhD Studentship for the academic year 2022/2023 is now open by Aston University for all International Students in UK.
The Aston University hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the 2022/2023 Scholarship. The Aston University has set-up a tertiary Scholarship to bolster capacity, expertise and work opportunities related to different sectors. It is intended for tertiary students at the PHD. The university will provide financial support for high achieving candidates. The successfully selected candidates will be awarded a studentship consisting of a fee bursary to cover the Home fees rate and will also receive a maintenance allowance of at least £16,062. Aston University has allocated Scholarship specifically for the following fields below.
The Aston University and its community believe in the potential of youth. We believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth. Education creates opportunities for youth to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the economy, achieve upward mobility, and change the world for the better for all in it.
For the International PhD Studentship, we are looking for students who will be meeting the admission requirements and other eligibility requirements of the hosting universities stated below.
INTERNATIONAL PHD STUDENTSHIP APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
Eligible courses are:
- Candidates can undertake a postgraduate degree study at the Mechanical, Biomedical & Design (MBD), School of Engineering and Technology at Aston University.
Eligible criteria are:
- UK national and international students are both eligible to apply.
- Applicants with knowledge/experience of optical and/or acoustic imaging, properties of biological tissues and 3D printing technologies will be preferred.
- The applicants must have or expect to have a Master’s degree in a relevant subject with a 60% or higher weighted average and/or a First or Upper Second-Class Honours degree (or equivalent qualification from an overseas institution) in relevant areas such as engineering, physics, optics or photonics.
- The students must have English language proficiency as per the requirements of the university and provide proof of the same by submitting any of the following test results:
- IELTS Academic
- PTE Academic
- TOEFL iBT Home Edition
- Language Cert International ESOL SELT
- Kaplan International Tools for English (KITE)
- Cambridge Advanced Test (CAE)
- Cambridge Proficiency Test (CPE).
HOW TO APPLY FOR INTERNATIONAL PHD STUDENTSHIP
Applications must be submitted online at:
Kindly attach the following documents:
Please note you will need to ensure all the below documents are accessible on the device (cellphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) you will be using to apply. The documents include:
- The requirement includes:
- A copy of your current CV
- Copies of your academic qualifications for your Bachelor’s degree and Masters’s degree; should include both certificates and transcripts and must be translated into English.
- A research proposal statement
- A personal statement
- Two academic references
- Proof of your English Language proficiency.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted on or before January 31, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.