The application for the GBSN Scholarship for the academic year 2023/2024 is now open by Hanken School of Economics for Students from Developing Countries in Finland.
The Hanken School of Economics hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the 2023/2024 Scholarship. The Hanken School of Economics has set-up a tertiary Scholarship to bolster capacity, expertise and work opportunities related to different sectors. It is intended for tertiary students at the Master’s degree program. The university will provide financial support for high achieving candidates. Selected candidates will be awarded a scholarship of a Full tuition fee for two years (equivalent to 12,500 EUR/year) and 8,000 EUR per year for living expenses. Hanken School of Economics has allocated Scholarship specifically for the following fields below.
The Hanken School of Economics and its community believe in the potential of youth. We believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth. Education creates opportunities for youth to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the economy, achieve upward mobility, and change the world for the better for all in it.
For the GBSN Scholarship, we are looking for students who will be meeting the admission requirements and other eligibility requirements of the hosting universities stated below.
GBSN SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
Eligible courses are:
- The scholarship will be awarded to a master’s degree program subject offered by the university
Eligible criteria are:
- Students from GBSN member schools in the following countries are eligible to apply:
- Afghanistan, Brazil, Cambodia, China, Colombia, Egypt, Ghana, India, Kenya, Lebanon, Mexico, Morocco, Nigeria, Peru, Philippines, Pakistan, South Africa, Tunisia, and Turkey.
- Students are currently studying or alums of GBSN member schools from specific GBSN member universities in developing countries.
- The applicants must meet the admission requirements of the university.
- The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT test or TOEFL iBT® Home Edition ? 92
- IELTS (Academic) or IELTS Indicator (Academic)? 6.5
- Cambridge C1 Advanced? Grade C
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency? Level C1
- PTE Academic? 62
- The Finnish National Certificate of Language Proficiency YKI test in English? Level 5 in all test sections.
HOW TO APPLY FOR GBSN SCHOLARSHIP
Applications must be submitted online at:
Kindly attach the following documents:
Please note you will need to ensure all the below documents are accessible on the device (cellphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) you will be using to apply. The documents include:
- The country-specific requirement only concerns one document (e.g., records transcript). The rest of the educational documents (e.g., degree certificates) must be submitted according to the general instructions on delivering officially certified educational documents.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted on or before 18 January, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.