This article contains information on Nelson Mandela University, NMU Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) Admission and Application Forms: 2022/2023 and how to Apply. It also contains the Nelson Mandela University, NMU Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) Application form download link as well as its online application where necessary.
This article contains information on the Nelson Mandela University, NMU Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) Application form and Requirements for admission into Postgraduate programmes for the 2022/2023 academic year.
Applications to study for Postgraduate Certificate in Education in 2022 are now open for both internal and external applications. INTERNAL APPLICANTS are students currently registered at NMU for the 2022/2023 academic year. EXTERNAL APPLICANTS refer to any graduate who meet requirements for the qualification.
The Faculty of Education at Nelson Mandela University is an important role-player in Initial Teacher Education, particularly in meeting urgent educational needs in the Eastern Cape. It aims to further strengthen Initial Teacher Education in South Africa and address the dire need for ‘more teachers’ and ‘better teachers’, particularly at secondary school level. The Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) thus aims to provide students with relevant and appropriate knowledge and the necessary theoretical and practical skills, experience and expertise demanded of secondary school teachers to teach in the diverse range of schools in South Africa.
NELSON MANDELA UNIVERSITY, NMU PGCE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The minimum entry requirement is an approved undergraduate Bachelor’s degree.
- · PGCE (FET) – To specialise in two FET school subjects, the basic Bachelors qualification should include at least two school approved specialisation subjects at third year level (NQF 7).
- · PGCE (SP-FET) – To specialise in one SP subject and one FET subject, the basic Bachelors qualification should include at least one school approved specialisation subject at third year level (NQF 7) and one school approved subject at second year level.
- · Applicants must have obtained a minimum average of 60% for their undergraduate degree.
- · Applicants may only choose method combinations within the subject streams specified in the table below.
Subject Specialisation requirements:
- · English Home Language—Applicants must have English literature modules up to third year level.
- · Life Orientation — Applicants must have obtained a minimum average of 60% for Psychology modules completed in their undergraduate qualification
- · Economic Management Science — Applicants must have obtained a minimum average of 60% for the commerce modules completed in their undergraduate qualification (Accounting, Business Studies, Economics).
NOTE: Any method subject in the PGCE programme will only be offered if a minimum of 20 students register for the method subject.
|SELECT TWO OF THE FOLLOWING
FET METHOD SUBJECTS (PGCE FET)
SELECT ONE FET METHOD SUBJECT AND
ONE SP METHOD SUBJECT (PGCE SP-FET)
|FET Business Studies|
|SP Economic Management Science (EMS)|
|FET Afrikaans Home Language|
|FET English Home Language|
|FET isiXhosa Home Language|
|FET Life Orientation|
|SP Creative Arts|
|FET Life Science|
|FET Physical Science|
|SP Natural Science|
NELSON MANDELA UNIVERSITY, NMU PGCE ADMISSION GUIDELINES AND FORMS
Applications for study at the Nelson Mandela University, NMU in 2022/2023 are fully online.
Nelson Mandela University, NMU PGCE Application Procedures
- Step 1: Read through the admission requirements and selection criteria of the programme as outlined in the PGCE information accompanying this communique. It is imperative that you pay careful attention to specialization (or teaching) subject specific requirements.
- Step 2: If satisfied that you meet the general admission requirements and specific specialization (or teaching) subjects requirements, then complete the electronic PGCE application form.
- Step 3: Prepare an electronic copy of your academic record as well as documents to upload.
- Step 4: click here for more information on how to apply.
Secretary / Administrator: Secondary School Education
Tel: 27 41 504 4026
Head of Department: Secondary School Education
Tel: 27 41 504 2382
- Nelson Mandela University Semester Registration Guidelines & Portal >>>
- How to View Nelson Mandela University Prospectus in PDF >>>
- Nelson Mandela University Registration Dates and Deadline >>>
- Nelson Mandela University Moodle Portal Login >>>
- Nelson Mandela University Email Address >>>
- How to Login to your Nelson Mandela University Student Mail >>>
- How to Access the Nelson Mandela University eLearning Portal >>>
- How to Access the Nelson Mandela University Student Information System >>>
- Nelson Mandela University Important Virtual Dates For Freshers >>>
- Nelson Mandela University Resumption Dates >>>
- Nelson Mandela University Application Deadline >>>
- How to Access the Nelson Mandela University Online Application Forms >>>
- How to Apply for the Nelson Mandela University Medical School (MBChB) >>>
- Nelson Mandela University Application & Registration Fee >>>
- Nelson Mandela University Postgraduate Online Application Procedure >>>
- Nelson Mandela University Admission Requirements >>>
- List of Courses Offered at Nelson Mandela University >>>
- Nelson Mandela University Fee Structure >>>
- Nelson Mandela University Admission Points Score and How to Calculate your APS >>>
- How to Check your Nelson Mandela University Application Status >>>
- Nelson Mandela University Academic Calendar >>>
- Nelson Mandela University Student Portal >>>