Established as a solution to the scarcity of science educators, Bindura University of Science Education (BUSE) was initiated by the government in 1995. Originally, it functioned under the University of Zimbabwe as the Bindura University College of Science Education and held its first lectures in March 1996. Through years of evolution, including the significant influence of Cuban educators and notable leaders like Professor C. J. Chetsanga, BUSE achieved its autonomous University status by February 2000. Currently, while the construction of the main campus is ongoing, the University continues to operate temporarily from the Public Service Training Center in Bindura.
BUSE Online Application Eligibility
- General Requirements: Five Ordinary Level passes, which must include Mathematics and English Language, or the use of an English Language examination.
- Advanced Studies: Two Advanced Level Subject Passes or their equivalent
Special and Mature entries:
There are specific provisions for candidates seeking special or mature entry into certain programs.
Ordinary Level Equivalents:
- Associated Examining Board’s General Certificate of Education, Ordinary Level
- Credit Standard of the Cambridge Overseas Higher School Certificate
- University of London’s General Certificate of Education, Ordinary Level
- Subsidiary Standard of the Cambridge Overseas Higher School Certificate
- Zimbabwe Schools Examinations Council, Ordinary Level
Advanced Level Equivalents:
- Associated Examining Board’s General Certificate of Education, Advanced Level
- Principal Subject Standard of the Cambridge Overseas Higher School Certificate
- University of London’s General Certificate of Education, Advanced Level
- Zimbabwe Schools Examinations Council, Advanced Level
Specific programs and/or courses may have particular entry prerequisites. These additional standards are detailed in the faculty regulations.
Masters Degrees by Coursework:
- General Requirements: An appropriate degree or professional qualification and experience, or an approved equivalent qualification
MPhil and DPhil Degrees:
These programs primarily involve supervised research, potentially including coursework not exceeding 25% of the entire curriculum. Both full-time and part-time modes of study are available.
Get more information on the BUSE Admission requirements here
BUSE Online Application Application Procedure
- Forms Acquisition: Application forms can be either:
- Payment: Address application fees at the University Cash Office or via CBZ Bank (A/c No. 662-60902130074, Bindura Branch).
- Application Form Completion: Indicate preferred intake (March or August) and mode of study (Block or full-time) on the application form.
- Submission: Forward your completed form to the Assistant Registrar, Admissions, Registration, and Student Records, BUSE Bag 1020, Bindura.
- Attachments: Include certified copies of educational qualifications, an ID, a birth certificate, and proof of application fee payment. Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
- Notification: Successful applicants will be informed via their contact numbers and through national press announcements.
Fee details are not mentioned explicitly in the provided content. Prospective candidates are advised to consult the University’s official channels or the Admissions Office for clarity on the exact amounts and payment methods.
Get more information on the BUSE Fee Structure here
While specific dates for the 2024–2025 intake are not yet provided, aspirants are encouraged to monitor BUSE’s official channels for timely updates and announcements.