The application for the President Scholarships for World Leaders for the academic year 2023/2024 is now open by University of Winnipeg for all International Students in Canada.
The University of Winnipeg hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the 2023/2024 Scholarship. The University of Winnipeg has set-up a tertiary scholarship to bolster capacity, expertise and work opportunities related to different sectors. It is intended for tertiary students at the Graduate, Collegiate, Professional, Applied and Continuing Education (PACE) or English Language Program (ELP). The university will provide financial support for high achieving candidates. The university provides the President’s Scholarship for World Leaders ranges from $3,500 – $5,000.
English Language Program: $3,500. Professional, Applied Continuing Education: $3,500. Undergraduate: $5,000. Collegiate: $3,500. Graduate: $5,000 University of Winnipeg has allocated scholarship specifically for the following fields below.
The University of Winnipeg and its community believe in the potential of youth. We believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth. Education creates opportunities for youth to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the economy, achieve upward mobility, and change the world for the better for all in it.
For the President Scholarships for World Leaders, we are looking for students who will be meeting the admission requirements and other eligibility requirements of the hosting universities stated below.
PRESIDENT SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
Eligible courses are:
- Scholarships are awarded to study all subjects offered by the university.
Eligible criteria are:
- International students can apply for these scholarships.
- Have a minimum 80% admission average or equivalent.
- Be an international student.
- Entering the first year of any program.
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities.
- Apply for admission by the scholarship deadline date.
- For taking admission, applicants must meet all entry requirement of this university.
- Below is a list of the tests and programs for the English language that is acceptable at The University of Winnipeg:
Test of English as a Foreign Language (IELTS): A minimum score of 550 with no less than 50 in each component (paper-based), or achieve a minimum score of 80 with no less than 19 in each component (internet-based).
International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Minimum band score of 6.5 based on the Academic Module
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): Minimum grade C
CanTest: An average score of 4.5 in Listening and Reading; and a score of 4.0 in writing
A score of 3.5 in writing may be considered, depending on the program of study, and provided the student is registered in Academic Writing Extended (ESL).
Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): A score of C
Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB): Minimum score of 80%
Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL): Minimum score of 60
Pearson Test of English PTE (Academic): Minimum of a score of 58
Academic English Program for University and College Entrance (AEPUCE): Successful Completion
Full Name: English Language Program (ELP) at The University of Winnipeg: Successful Completion of Academic Level 5
Full Name: English for Specific Purposes Program (ESP) at The University of Winnipeg: Minimum C+ in Academic Writing 1 and 2.
HOW TO APPLY FOR PRESIDENT SCHOLARSHIP
Applications must be submitted online at:
Kindly attach the following documents:
Please note you will need to ensure all the below documents are accessible on the device (cellphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) you will be using to apply. The documents include:
- The requirement include:
- Personal Statement: Outline leadership qualities, extra-curricular/volunteer involvement and academic goals. This should be 250-500 words.
- Resume: List volunteer/extra-curricular activities in chronological order, work experience, awards, any publications, etc.
- Official Transcript.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted on or before Undergraduate: April 1, 2023 and Graduate: June 1, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on Facebook & follow us on Follow @EAfinder OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.