The application for the GREAT Scholarship for the academic year 2023/2024 is now open by World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) for all International Students in India.
The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the 2023/2024 Fellowships programme. The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) has set-up a tertiary Fellowships programme to bolster capacity, expertise and work opportunities related to different sectors. It is intended for tertiary students at the Postgraduate. The university will provide financial support for high achieving candidates. S.N. Bose will provide a monthly stipend to cover living costs and food. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. Free on-campus accommodation will be provided. The monthly stipend does not cover comprehensive health insurance. The Centre does however deduct a small contribution towards a Contributory Medical Scheme. The benefits are partial reimbursement of doctor’s fees, medicines and hospitalization costs if any, and only for costs incurred in Kolkata. The reimbursement structure is along the lines of the Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) of the Government of India. World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) has allocated Fellowships programme specifically for the following fields below.
The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) and its community believe in the potential of youth. We believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth. Education creates opportunities for youth to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the economy, achieve upward mobility, and change the world for the better for all in it.
For the TWAS-SN Bose Postgraduate Fellowships Programme, we are looking for students who will be meeting the admission requirements and other eligibility requirements of the hosting universities stated below.
TWAS-SN BOSE FELLOWSHIPS PROGRAMME APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
Eligible courses are:
- Research projects in Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences and Physics.
Eligible criteria are:
- Developing countries in the South.
- Be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year;
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than India)
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country;
- Hold a Masters’s Degree in physics, mathematics or chemistry. S/he must have completed at least a total of 5 years of undergraduate and postgraduate studies in a recognized university or institute.
- For studying this program, you must have a master’s degree in a field relevant to sustainability science.
- If English is not your first language, then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
HOW TO APPLY FOR TWAS-SN BOSE FELLOWSHIPS PROGRAMME
Applications must be submitted online at:
Kindly attach the following documents:
Please note you will need to ensure all the below documents are accessible on the device (cellphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) you will be using to apply. The documents include:
- The requirement include:
- An Acceptance Letter with a copy of their CV, a research proposal outline and two reference letters.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted on or before 31 May, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.