The application for the GREAT Scholarships for the academic year 2023/2024 is now open by University of Sussex for all International Students in UK.
The University of Sussex hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the 2023/2024 Scholarship. The University of Sussex has set-up a tertiary scholarship to bolster capacity, expertise and work opportunities related to different sectors. It is intended for tertiary students at the Postgraduate. The university will provide financial support for high achieving candidates. The University of Sussex will award a £10,000 Fee waiver scholarship to the selected student coming from Ghana for master’s study. University of Sussex has allocated scholarship specifically for the following fields below.
The University of Sussex and its community believe in the potential of youth. We believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth. Education creates opportunities for youth to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the economy, achieve upward mobility, and change the world for the better for all in it.
For the GREAT Scholarships, we are looking for students who will be meeting the admission requirements and other eligibility requirements of the hosting universities stated below.
GREAT SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
Eligible courses are:
- The scholarship will be awarded for master studies in any subject offered by the university, but priority will be given to those who have accepted an offer to study in the School of Law, Politics, and Sociology.
Eligible criteria are:
- Applicants must be a citizen of Ghana
- Applicants must have accepted an offer on an eligible master’s at Sussex. Priority will be given to those who have accepted an offer to study in the School of Law, Politics, and Sociology.
- Applicants must have excellent grades.
- Applicants must have clear and specific goals with defined links to their course.
- Applicants must be prepared to attend networking events as part of the GREAT scholarships program, sharing their experiences and ambitions on how you and your home country can benefit from your UK study.
- Applicants need to meet the general entry requirements: at least an upper second-class (2:1) or lower second-class (2:2) undergraduate honors degree (or equivalent), depending on the course you are applying for.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate excellent grades in their most recent qualification.
- If applicants are international students, they may need to apply for a student visa to study in the UK. See visa information on the Student Hub.
- If applicants’ are international students, they must meet the English language requirements or successfully complete the pre-sessional English course.
HOW TO APPLY FOR GREAT SCHOLARSHIPS
Applications must be submitted online at:
Kindly attach the following documents:
Please note you will need to ensure all the below documents are accessible on the device (cellphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) you will be using to apply. The documents include:
- The requirement include:
- Provide a statement of academic interests.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted on or before 3 July, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.