The application for the TeachNZ Scholarships for the academic year 2022/2023 is now open by Ministry of Education for all International Students in Zealand Students.
The Ministry of Education hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the 2022/2023 Scholarship. The Ministry of Education has set-up a tertiary Scholarship to bolster capacity, expertise and work opportunities related to different sectors. It is intended for tertiary students at the Graduate Diploma/Master of Secondary Teaching. The university will provide financial support for high achieving candidates. Ministry of Education has allocated Scholarship specifically for the following fields below.
The Ministry of Education and its community believe in the potential of youth. We believe that access to education should not be dependent on wealth. Education creates opportunities for youth to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to participate in the economy, achieve upward mobility, and change the world for the better for all in it.
For the TeachNZ Scholarships, we are looking for students who will be meeting the admission requirements and other eligibility requirements of the hosting universities stated below.
TEACHNZ SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
Eligible courses are:
- Graduate Diploma/Master of Secondary Teaching.
Eligible criteria are:
- Citizens of New Zealand are eligible to apply.
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Have been offered a place to study an approved Graduate Diploma/Master of Secondary Teaching
- Have proficiency in te Reo Maori to a level that meets the requirements of the tertiary provider
- Have a degree or graduate diploma with at least one 300-level paper in Maori studies, development, language, culture or society
- Have leadership experience
- Have support from your iwi and/or Maori leaders in your community.
HOW TO APPLY FOR TEACHNZ SCHOLARSHIPS
Applications must be submitted online at:
Kindly attach the following documents:
Please note you will need to ensure all the below documents are accessible on the device (cellphone, laptop, tablet, etc.) you will be using to apply. The documents include:
- The requirement includes:
- A CV (curriculum vitae) – no more than four A4 pages
- Leadership statement, listing two referees
- Identity, language and culture statement, and supporter’s details.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted on or before 14 February, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.