The application for the SAMRC RCDI-nested Postdoc Fellowship for the year 2021 is now open for all South African residents in South Africa.
The RCDI- Research Fellow will be appointed for three years subject to satisfactory performance and the availability of funds
The Precision Medicine research team in the Department of Biotechnology is looking for an industrious and competent postdoctoral research fellow to support work across multiple studies in the area of radiogenomics and precision radiation oncology. The purpose of the research fellowship is to contribute and assist in accelerating the building of research capacity and scientific leadership in previously disadvantaged institutions.
SAMRC RCDI-NESTED POSTDOC FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
Eligibility for nomination
- The candidates must be South African citizens or permanent residents, younger than 40 years (nominees over 40 years need a strong motivation and PhD <3 years).
- Candidates will have to be within five years of graduating with their PhD health/medical-related research doctorate (Graduation before December 2015 will need a strong motivation).
- Women and disabled individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Preference will be given to candidates from the historically disadvantaged group.
- PhD in molecular biology / genetics
- Demonstrated experience in oncology research
- Experience in Project management and data management (including supervising data collection; training of field teams, budgets)
- Experience with conducting systematic reviews
- Proficient in basic qualitative and/or quantitative research methods
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative analysis software (i.e. SPSS/STATA, NVivo)
- Experience with tissue culture and cell generation
- Proficiency in molecular and cell biology
- Experience with medical statistics
- Experience with capacity development – either teaching or postgraduate mentorship
- Code 08 Drivers License
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Keen interested in pursuing research into Radiogenomics
- Evidence of training in organisational leadership, management and economics
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Ability to communicate in at least one other official South African language
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Interested in developing their own independent research niche within this focal area
- Passionate about mentorship and capacity building of staff and students
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Attention to detail and able to work under pressure
- Publish research in a peer-reviewed journal in the area of Radiogenomics/Genomics – one 1st author and one co-author including writing scientific reports.
- Assist in the preparation of study documents for research ethics submission and regulatory approvals
- Develop SOPs, training material, and databases
- Manage diverse data collectors and field teams within the project/s
- Address problems which arise by assisting with training and mentoring of field and data staff
- Quality assurance and ensure adherence to SOPs
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses and write-up
- Present research results to funders, collaborators or at local and national meetings and conferences.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external scientists in
- Grant funding applications
- Study protocols/documentation
- Data collection instruments/tools
- Data analysis and publications
- Participate in broader unit and SAMRC research citizenship activities.
HOW TO APPLY FOR SAMRC RCDI-NESTED POSTDOC FELLOWSHIP
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested individuals please email your CV and a cover letter to Prof. Mongi Benjeddou, email@example.com
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- The closing date for the application is 10th May 2021.
- How to Apply for the CETA Bursary >>>
- How to Apply for the Unisa Honours Bursary >>>
- How to Apply for the GrandWest Bursary >>>
- How to Apply for the UWC Financial Aid
- How to Apply for the FoodBev SETA Research and Innovation Bursary >>>
- How to Apply for the DAC Bursaries for Heritage-related Studies >>>
- How to Apply for the Multichoice Bursary >>>
- How to Apply for the University of Nairobi Research and Innovation Fellowship >>>
- How to Apply for the NRF Postgraduate Scholarships >>>
- How to Apply for the Vaal University NDT Level Certification Bursary >>>
- How to Apply for the GCRA Bursary >>>