This article contains an emphasis on the list of High Paying Jobs in Uganda for the year 2022.
It is every person’s desire to get a well-paying job and live a comfortable life but the question is this? Does this come on a platter? The answer is No
To get a high paying job, sacrifices must be made. You must have worked to merit a high paying job. This is where education is paramount. Like is it said, education is the key to secure a beautiful future. Thus, attaining a high educational qualification is a guarantee of getting a high paying job in Uganda. This is not to imply that others with a low qualification do not stand a chance but the fact still remains that “the more you learn, the more you earn”.
This is because, in a fast developing African country like Uganda, there are enormous opportunities of getting a well-paying job and in order to stand out of the teeming crowd yearning for employment, you need to be extraordinary.
While it is possible to get a well-paying job in Uganda, not all professions are guaranteed to pay well. Therefore, this article will expose some of the guaranteed high paying jobs in Uganda in recent times.
LIST OF HIGHEST PAYING JOBS IN UGANDA
Some of the high paying jobs in Uganda are as follows;
Probably the only career on the list that involves some kind of excitement, nevertheless; pilots undergo rigorous training programs and they are responsible for the safety of thousands of people every day.
To be a pilot will draw some sweat from your body but the truth is, the course is highly rewarding. In Uganda, piloting is the only profession with the highest salary and job security. One of the most discouraging things about the career is that people from poor backgrounds have no chance in this career because of the high cost of training.
Salary Range: from 1,790,000 UGX to 6,200,000 UGX
An experienced pilot, who is a captain earns about UGX 25 million. Working at private aviation companies is the most rewarding because pilots are paid on an hourly basis.
2. MEDICAL PROFESSION
Medical doctors are people who sacrifice a lot to ensure the humans are in good health. Because of the nature of the job they attract very good salaries. People in this field earn a decent pay but will have to contend with long working hours and emergency calls. However, the salary can vary according to the type of specialization, for the most part specialists have a higher earning potential. This is so because specialists must undergo advanced education and clinical training, unlike general practitioners.
Due to the rapidly improving and evolving healthcare system in Uganda, doctors, surgeons, and nurses are in high demand. Jobs in healthcare require adequate education, computer literacy, communication skills, leadership, strategic vision, management skills, and teamwork.
Jobs in this sector are high in demand, and medical doctors are highly paid in Uganda.
Medical doctors are not so appreciated by the Ugandan government but those working with private hospitals earn very well. Doctors have numerous opportunities outside employment. It’s easier for a doctor to start his own clinic than any other professional to start a company related to their professional backgrounds. Based on those facts, medicine is regarded as the best rewarding career in Uganda.
Irrespective of the fact that Doctors in the public sectors go on strike, they are well paid. On the other hand, those in the private sector even earn higher. This is why many prefer being self-employed.
Salary Range: from 4,490,000 UGX to 15,500,000 UGX
Surgeons top the list of the highest paying careers due to the critical nature of their job.
Lawyers offer legal advice to clients or represent individuals and businesses in legal matters. A lawyer is a person who is licensed to practice law and whose main obligation is to uphold the law as well as protecting the rights of their clients.
Lawyers are high in demand in Uganda and are one of the best paying jobs in the country. Lawyers earn big and this comes with a lot of commitments.
Judges earn quite high salaries because of the huge responsibilities associated with their job. Deciding people’s fates is not an easy task and the high wage is perfectly justified because of high responsibility job and extensive knowledge
- Salary Range for Judges: from 3,770,000 UGX to 13,000,000 UGX
- Salary Range for Lawyers: from 3,050,000 UGX to 10,500,000 UGX
The main reason that lawyers earn big wages is because of their high perceived value in the eyes of their clients. Those in private practice, however, make varying amounts based on the clients they represent. But the profession is highly rewarding.
However, in Uganda, Judges and Lawyers can earn about UGX 20 million depending.
4. FINANCE JOBS
One of the most demanded professionals are those in the financial sectors. Sectors such as retail, NGOs, banking, and insurance offer accountant, CFOs (chief financial officer) and cashier jobs. Bank managers are not left out too.
Accountants are saddled with the responsibility of examining and preparing financial reports. Chartered accountants are responsible for ensuring that financial records are accurate and filed on time. To start off their career they need to have an accounting degree from an accredited university.
Skills that earn accountants more money include budget management, evaluation and management auditing and financial analysis. Others include, good decision making, good organizational skills, great attention to detail, computer literacy, and critical thinking.
Junior and assistant accountants are not paid well since they have little or no experience to be the backbones of corporate. Senior accountants in Uganda earn slightly below Chief Finance Officers, who are always placed second after the CEO. They earn about UGX 4,000,000 monthly.
5. CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICERS
CEOs are primarily responsible for the success or failure of an organization. Their huge pay is due to the vast scope of impact as well as the risks involved. Therefore, to be the CEO of any company, you must possess several years of professional experience with high academic qualifications, dedication, innovativeness and hard work to get to the height where you earn more.
Of course it’s not easy to be a CEO, but if you become one in a top organization, your salary will be at least UGX 20 million monthly.
6. MARKETING DIRECTOR
Marketing involves the use of any available strategy to persuade and convince people to buy a product or service. There are different ways in which marketing is done these days. It has gone beyond the traditional method of carrying goods from one location to another, in search of buyers.
However Marketing Directors are responsible for planning, organizing, estimating and promoting businesses based on customer, competitor, and company analysis. They are in charge of increasing the revenue of their organizations. They are directly responsible for generating business and they are well paid for that reason.
Marketing Directors assess and determine the demand for an organization’s products and services and develop ways of increasing profits, investments, and shares.
Marketing Directors utilize a number of advertising and public relations techniques to promote sales and maximize profit. With digitalization, there has also been a growing need for Marketers in Uganda, especially those with experience related to social media management, content creation and other digital skills.
Salary Range: from UGX 1,610,000 to UGX 5,580,000.
They are directly responsible for generating business and they are well paid for that reason.
7. SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
As the world is becoming more computerized, Software Engineering was one of the recently introduced courses after Information Technology and Computer Science.
Being a new field in the country, the few software developers in Uganda are smiling all the way to the bank, thanks to the many contracts they secure from the government and private sector.
The world has changed so fast that people who thought technology will not take over are still in awe. Software engineering is the future of the world. So, if you have interest in the digital world, you might as well consider this job. In Uganda, an experienced software engineer, someone who is capable of developing applications, earns UGX 10 million to UGX 40 million monthly.
8. FINANCIAL ANALYSTS
Financial analysts manage people and businesses. They look at the performance of various types of investment and advise people on future investments. They provide guidance to businesses and individuals making investment decisions. They also assess the performance of stocks, bonds, and other types of investments.
Whether it is through the stock market, bonds, or other investments, financial analysts are money experts. They analyze the information they get from the stock market, company annual reports and come up with plans for whether or not to invest. Financial analysts engage with company leaders and individuals, write reports and work with a broad range of people and financial institutions.
Basic duties of an Investment analyst include:
- Researching businesses,
- Analyzing companies’ accounts, cash flow information, and profit and loss sheets,
- Analyzing and interpreting complicated financial data, etc.
To become a top Financial Analyst, you must be Chartered, which is a tough course. After completing the professional certification, it makes you a perfect fit for top companies.
If you possess a Chartered Financial Analyst profession and a business related degree, your starting salary is UGX 8 million, and if you have many years of experience you can earn about UGX 20 million on a monthly basis. Some of the best companies to work for include Uganda Revenue Authority, Citibank, Deloitte and PWC, Bank of Uganda.
9. CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT
Construction manager is an individual who supervises and oversees construction sites. In Uganda, those in this line of job are highly sought after because the country is still developing. Thus, they play a critical role in Uganda, which is why they earn better than most workers in Uganda.
Latest figures show that a construction manager earns an average salary of Ush 4 million per month.
As the custodians of an organization’s funds, professionals in this field exude lots of monetary power and as such, their salary is also very impressive depending on the organization or volume of revenue the firm makes. Actuarial science is a small profession in Uganda, but that does not influence their salary as they are paid well. In fact a qualified actuary earns more than most CEOs in Uganda.
However, to qualify as an actuary, more than a degree in actuarial science is needed. The most ideal courses include professional certifications from Society of Actuaries or Institute of Actuaries.
Top insurance companies and actuarial firms pay actuaries up to UGX 15 million.
11. UNITED NATION JOBS
Workers who are employed at the United Nations eat the flesh of Uganda and leave the bones to the rest. This is not exaggerating; it is common in many countries. If you manage to secure employment at the United Nations or top NGOs like World Vision, your life will never be the same again.
They however, have preferred skills, which include Statistics, environmental science, political science, monitoring and evaluation, project management, communications, etc.
The average salary of a fresh graduate at UN is UGX 10 million while experienced individuals earn up to UGX 40 million on a monthly basis.
As the education system keeps improving, and the rate of education keeps increasing, the demand for good and skilled teachers tends to increase in Uganda. It is a well-known fact that university lecturers, especially Professors and PhD holders, go home with hefty salaries to teach university and college students. Becoming a professor is not easy and requires persistence which is partly why they earn so high.
This goes a long way to prove that the teaching profession is among the high paying jobs in Uganda, making college professors the top-earning and most prestigious in this field. Therefore, in order to earn a substantial amount from the job, you need to be advanced and acquire higher Certifications.
Salary Range: from 2,150,000 UGX to 7,440,000 UGX.
In order to earn more in this field, getting certified is the only guarantee. With a degree in a business related profession or Statistics and professional certification such as ACCA or CIA, a person can go home with up to Ush 8 million per month. The salary can even double if they hold senior positions in any of the big four institutions below;
PWC, Deloitte, E&Y and KPMG.
These Institutions pay their auditors heavily but remember, you need to learn more to earn more.
According to the economic trend in Uganda, it is known that the country which has its Median populace as youths has a slow Economic growth with high fertility rate. This shows that the unemployment rate is high.
However, Uganda is one of the best countries to work in if you have the right qualifications. There are over 300 careers in Uganda, but not all of them are good for professional advancement. The best careers are few but pay well and most of them have been discussed in this article.
- Best Approach in Looking for a Job in 2021
- List of Careers in Demand in Kenya
- How to Become a Psychiatrist in USA
- Steps on How to Become a Safety Officer
- List of Top Careers in Demand in South Africa
- Salary Structure of Nurses in Nigeria
- Top 15 Careers in Demand Worldwide
- List of Top 14 Careers in Commerce
- Online Jobs That Pay Through Mpesa
- List of Top Careers in Acting
- List of Top Careers in Diploma in Law and What to do with it >>>
- Traffic Police Qualification & Requirements in South Africa >>>
- List of Top Careers in Life Science and Geography
- Top 18 Careers in Humanities
- How to Become an Insurance Broker In South Africa
- List of 13 Highest Paying Jobs in Nigeria
- How to Become a Police Officer in South Africa
- How to Become a Successful Business Manager
- How to Become a Nurse In South Africa
- How to Become a Successful Business Owner
- Steps on How to Become a Biochemist
- What You Can do With a Banking and Finance Degree
- How to Become A Successful Real Estate Agent
- How to Become a Lecturer in South Africa
- How To Become An Investment Banker
- 11 Things You Can Do With a Geophysics Degree
- Top Professions That Needs Certification
- 10 Things to do With a Biomedical Degree
- What You Can do With an Architecture Degree
- What You Can do As a Geologist
- What To Do With A Sociology Degree
- Career Tips for School Leavers
- What Can I do With an Arabic Studies Degree?
- What Can I do as An Agricultural Engineer
- What Can I do With an Anatomy Degree?
- What You Can Do With a Computer Science Degree
- What to do With a Degree in Adult Education
- What Can I Do With An Actuarial Degree?
- What Can I Do With a Biology Degree?
- What Can I Do With a Psychology Degree?
- Things You Must Do To Get Ready To Work at the Office Again
- Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs in the World
- How to Become A Medical Doctor in the USA
- What to do with a Mass Communication Degree
- What to Do With Mathematics Degree
- What to Do With an Agricultural Economics Degree
- What You Can Do With a Marketing Degree
- How to Write an Eye-catching Cover Letter for that Dream Job
- How to Write an Application Letter for a Job
- The Challenges of Working from Home
- How to Achieve What You Dream
- How To Turn Your Hobby into a Career
- Salary Structure of Medical Doctors in Europe
- How to Write a Personal Statement for a Job
- How to Enjoy That Unfulfilling Job
- Top 10 Highest Paying Banks in the USA
- Common Challenges of a Medical Profession
- Common Challenges of the Labour Market
- Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs in the United States
- Common Challenges of a Graduate Trainee
- Tips on How To Get the Best Out of a Boring Job
- 24 Career Advice That Can Guide You
- Top 14 Work from Home Paying Jobs
- Top 10 Careers You can Get Into Without Any Degree
- Top 10 Career Mistakes People Make
- How to Work from Home Without Stress
- How to Gather Job Experience While Schooling
- How to Get a Job through Social Media
- A Day in The Life of a Banker
- Qualities that Makes a Good Manager
- 6 Things Business Owners Look For in a Graduate
- 10 Tips For Choosing A Career
- Steps on How to Become A Successful Student Entrepreneur
- How to Become an Architect
- How to Become a Flight Attendant
- 5 Categories of People You will Find in the Workplace
- What Can I Do With a Psychology Degree
- 10 Steps on How To Become a Chartered Accountant
- Total Cost of Applying PR in Canada Express entry
- Top 10 Lucrative and Marketable Courses to Study