This article contains a detailed information of the twelve (12) Habits of Happy People.
Daily we use the word “Happy.” Every human craves to be happy but oftentimes we do not understand the true meaning of happiness or what even gives happiness. In a world where many depressing cases are on the increase, one can only seek diverse means to stay happy for a longer life span. After all, “happy people tend to live longer.
Now, the pressing question on lip of many who seek to be happy is “what makes people happy?”
Do material things truly give happiness as imagined by many individuals? Is it not possible that one could have all the material things at their beck and call and still be miserable?
What then is the difference between happy people and miserable people? Having understood the human mind, the difference lies in the habits and thinking and not by comfortable life.
It doesn’t matter whether you are rich or poor, good-looking or physically challenged, employed or unemployed, healthy or sick. The main difference between happy and unhappy people is habit. Happy people engage in more happiness-boosting habits while unhappy people engage in more misery-inducing habits.
Your happiness lies in your hands. Others do not have to determine that. You can choose which habits to cultivate in your life. In the case where you have no clue as to which habits to cultivate to boost your happiness level, you don’t have to worry so much.
In this article, I will make it known that there are various habits that are inherent in happy people. Picking just a few of these habits and installing them in your own life will make a major difference towards living a happier, healthier, and more successful life.
Delving in quickly, here are 15 habits of happy people you can cultivate:
12 HABITS OF HAPPY PEOPLE TO CULTIVATE
1. Happy People Exercise Regularly and Get enough sleep
Our mood indirectly and indirectly affects our body systems. The hormones in our body tend to remain in balance when we live a healthy life. Exercise and sleep are the most important.
Sleeping helps you relax all those muscles which have been at work throughout the day, in order to boost your energy level upon waking up.
On the other hand, exercise is as important as sleep. It is therapeutic. Its importance is numerous. From the amazing physical benefits which range from lower blood pressure, increased lifespan, weight loss and so on, to the mental and psychological effects. Exercise has been proven to reduce anxiety, depression, and other psychological ailments while improving people’s mood, making them more self-confident, and of course, boosting their happiness.
Happy people under this have chosen to make it a habit. So, if you wish to boost your happiness level, start the habit of regular exercise and sleep.
2. Happy People Limit Their News Consumption
It is said that the bad news trend quickly and widely. Truthfully, in the world we are in today, so much terrible and depressing news is everywhere, both online and offline. It is a sure way to feel unhappy, miserable and depressed.
There was a popular story my grandfather told us about a particular man who was constantly sick in his home country. For every time he took ill, the children would fly him abroad. The moment he arrives there, he will become well again, but the moment he arrives in his country, his health challenge starts again from the airport.
This kept on repeating itself. One-day, one of his children who have been observing the trend said, “I observed that daddy’s health gets worse from the moment daddy purchases a copy of the dailies from the airport. Could the Newspaper be the problem?”
After analyzing the situation, he made sure that his father didn’t have access to the Newspaper he always reads and that day marked the end of the man’s health challenge”
Apparently, it was discovered that the man was always coming across heartbreaking incidents in the Newspaper he purchased and the aftermath affected his health. Studies have shown that the less negative news we savor, the happier and healthier we become. In other words, if you care about your happiness and well-being, be mindful, cautious and limit your consumption of the news, especially negative news.
3. Happy People Meditate Daily
Meditation is another powerful technique for improving our overall well-being, our health, peace of mind and happiness. It enables you to take a break from all work-related stress or anxiety issues you have been suffering from.
This changes the physical structure of our brains and powers it for increased happiness. However, experts assume that meditation helps people become happier.
4. Happy People Pursue Meaningful Goals.
Broken and miserable individuals are always pessimistic about pursuing goals, let alone “meaningful goals,” Unlike happy individuals, they have big plans. In other words, they have goals they are pursuing.
Goals give us a sense of purpose, a reason to get up hopeful every morning. Most importantly, they make us incredibly happy. Whether it’s learning or dreaming of a change of career, learning new crafts, etc.,
People with goals are happier than those who don’t have dreams. Happy people have something they aim for, they have projects to keep them busy. So, wondering what makes people happy? What are your aspirations, any projects to warm up to? Give yourself a sense of purpose and you will see yourself becoming a happier individual.
5. Happy People Spend Quality Time with Loved Ones
Ever wondered why experts advise people battling depression to stay in the company of loved ones? Well, in simple terms, it is therapeutic.
As humans, we are social beings and we feel best when we are interacting with other people. No matter how independent you might be, you can’t thrive alone. Solitary humans are usually unhappy. Happy people spend the most time socializing. If you want to become happier, invest in quality time with loved ones.
6. Happy People Celebrate Other People’s Successes
One of the visible attributes of bitter and unhappy people is envy. They hate to see others succeed. Happy people are not moved or disturbed by what makes others happy. They do their best to be the cause of happiness in others. They are happy to see others succeed. Happy people are deliberate with building a healthy relationship with people around them.
7. Happy People Let Go Of Materialistic Tendencies
Happiness and materialism do not exist successfully. This may sound confusing, but walk with me.
Many people in our society equate happiness with material possessions like fancy clothes, latest cars, expensive jewelry, etc. Truth be told, most people who have all the above mentioned and even more, are not happy.
Quest for material things leaves people under unnecessary pressure and unhealthy competition. These are all traits of miserable and toxic people. Materialism depletes happiness, harms the environment, makes us less likely to help others and contribute to our communities. If you want to live a happy life, pay less attention to material things. Contentment is a virtue.
8. Happy People Give Freely
There is a popular saying we hear in churches: “The Lord loves a cheerful giver.”
True happiness entails making others happy. Helping others feels great. Being kind, generous, helpful, and willing to give freely to others is one of the features of true happiness. If you want more happiness, start giving more. Give more and more without having ulterior motives. Don’t worry about getting anything in return. There is always a reward for giving freely.
9. Happy People Practice Gratitude
Gratitude is a characteristic of happy people. They are more grateful than unhappy people. In fact, that’s one of the major reasons why they are happier in the first place. They appreciate every little gesture. Unhappy people are less appreciative.
10. Happy People Don’t Overthink
Whether you’re thinking about your challenges, flaws, etc, Worrying is not ever a problem. Instead, overthinking can be detrimental to our health and well-being. If you’re one who overthinks and worries about everything, chances are you will most likely be miserable and unhappy always.
Happy people do not let things get to them.
11. Happy People Don’t Compare Themselves to Others
Comparison is a disease that has eaten deep into a lot of individuals. Constantly comparing yourself with others will always keep you on your feet, looking for means to measure up or outdo the other person. Happy people do not engage in such meaningless thoughts.
The bottom line is, you will never be happy if you are always measuring yourself by other people’s life and achievements.
12. Stop Caring About the Unimportant Stuff
A lot of times, we tend to pay so much attention to things that do not really matter. This is mostly an attribute of unhappy people. Happy people tend to focus their attention on the things which are very important to them. They concentrate only on the things that are worth their time and energy.
Happiness isn’t determined by the material things in your possession. Instead, happiness is determined by your behavior, thoughts and actions. In other words, happiness is determined by your habits. Practice, and the above-mentioned habits make you have a clear idea of the lifestyle and habits that are seen in people who lead a happy life. If you seek to be one of such happy people, engage in the habits of happy people and you will become happier.
Start gradually to practice them. It will surely take time before results can be seen. Take baby steps and go on to lead a happy life. If after a long practice, there is improvement in your mood, you may want to seek the help of a therapist.
- What You Can Do With a Marketing Degree
- What to do With a Pass Degree
- 5 Alternative Careers for Librarians
- Why You Should Study a Course You Love
- How to Stop a Struggling Addiction
- How to Write an Essay for College Admission
- Examples and Types of Minute of Meeting
- How to Write an Eye-catching Cover Letter for that Dream Job
- Everything you need to Know About Rice Purity Test
- How to Access the Shaw Academy Portal
- How to Access the Turnitin Portal
- 10 Effects of Examination Malpractice
- Ways to Make Money Fast As a Student or Graduate
- Consequences of Plagiarism and its Effect
- Top Music Schools in South Africa
- List of Top Delivery Companies in Ghana
- How to Write an Application Letter for a Job
- Things You need to Know About Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Teaching and Learning
- Computer Applications for Teaching and Learning
- Top Investments to Engage in As a Student
- Best Teaching Philosophy to Adopt In 2021
- 21st Century Skills For Teaching and Learning
- Easy Steps on How to Write A Descriptive Essay
- Easy Steps on How To Use Google Classroom
- Ways to Write a Good University Admission Essay
- Pros And Cons Of Cell Phone Usage By Students
- How To Fit Into School Routine After A Long Break
- Famous Hollywood Actors With No Acting Degree
- Steps on How to Deal with Homesickness
- Top 10 Cheapest Universities in the UK
- How To Apply For Student Loan In Europe
- Parents Role in a Student’s Academic Success
- The Challenges of Working from Home
- 20 Ways to Save Money on Holidays
- Why You Should Study a Course You Love
- Money-Saving Tips for University and College Students
- Common Mistakes When Writing an Article
- How to Achieve What You Dream
- How to Write a Personal Statement for Internship
- How To Turn Your Hobby into a Career
- Salary Structure of Medical Doctors in Europe
- How To Make Best Use of Your Holiday
- How to Write a Personal Statement for a Job
- How to Enjoy That Unfulfilling Job
- Secret Tips for Balancing Schooling And Fun
- Tips For Balancing Relationship And Study
- Common Challenges Student Face In the University
- Common Challenges of Working in a Bank
- Factors To Consider When Choosing A University
- Factors to Consider When Writing Your CV
- Top 10 Highest Paying Banks in the USA
- Common Challenges of a Medical Profession
- Common Challenges of the Labour Market
- Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs in the United States
- Common Challenges of a Graduate Trainee
- Top 10 Unprofessional Courses in the World
- How to Make a Fortune from Bee Keeping
- Tips on How To Get the Best Out of a Boring Job
- Reasons Why You Need an Associate Degree
- 24 Career Advice That Can Guide You
- Why Your Resume Hasn’t Landed You an Interview
- Tips on How To Handle Depression
- Total Students Living Cost in the UK
- Ways of Raising Capital for a Startup Business
- Top 14 Work from Home Paying Jobs
- Top Profitable Short Courses to Study in 2020
- Top 10 Richest Men that Dropped out of College
- Top 10 Sellable Medical Courses to Study in 2020
- Top 10 Profitable Things To Invest In
- Top 10 Careers You can Get Into Without Any Degree
- Top 10 Career Mistakes People Make
- How to Write your Personal Statement for Grad School
- How to Write Personal Statement for Medical School
- The Pros and Cons of Online Courses
- List Of Medical Schools in France
- Money, Happiness and Success
- How to Write a Successful Scholarship Application
- How to Survive an Unpaid Internship
- How to Work from Home Without Stress
- How to Gather Job Experience While Schooling
- Secrets on How to Read and Understand
- Easy Ways to Make Money from eBook
- How Setbacks are Necessary for Success
- How to Get a Job through Social Media
- Free Online Courses to Improve Your Writing Skills
- Best Alternatives To University or College.
- Best Alternatives To Internship
- A Day in The Life of a Banker
- Best Alternatives to Face to Face Learning
- Qualities that Makes a Good Manager
- How to Cope as a Final Year Student
- Top 20 Small Business Ideas to Start at the University
- Top 10 Useful Student Advice Websites
- 6 Things Business Owners Look For in a Graduate
- 10 Tips For Choosing A Career
- Top 10 Life Hacks To Save Your Money
- Steps on How to Become A Successful Student Entrepreneur
- Facts and Duration of a GCSE Course
- 10 Reasons to Start a Business Before Graduation
- Top 10 Cheapest Universities in India
- How to Have an Unforgettable University Experience
- Top 10 Affordable Universities in the United States