This article contains information about the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) Moodle Portal (https://moodle.ukzn.ac.za) and how to log in to it.
With the various innovations in communications networks hitting the world, it is interesting to note that the traditional means of imparting knowledge in schools and colleges or institutes of higher education have also been affected to a considerable extent. With this advancement in technology, most educational institutions like University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN), if not all, have taken advantage of online facilities to make life easy for students.
University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) make use of learning management systems to help its students keep track of their learning materials and track their learning progress as well as getting access to other information freely. Learning management systems are tools which provide extensive course management options in order to help various higher educational institutes in spreading knowledge and information as well as in interacting with the students.
There are various such software tools available in the market which plays a very significant role in the spread of online education thus aiding the students in attaining the online degree. Moodle is one of such popular learning management systems.
THE UNIVERSITY OF KWAZULU-NATAL (UKZN) MOODLE SYSTEM
Moodle actually stands for Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment. The UKZN Moodle is a free learning management system software providing a platform for e-learning and it helps the various educators considerably in course structuring and curriculum thus facilitating interaction with online students.
Moodle was devised by Martin Dougiamas and since its inception, its main aim has been to contribute suitably to the system of e-learning and facilitate online education and attainment of online degrees.
While Moodle presents certain common features in almost all similar e-learning tools, it also provides certain plug-in options. As an e-learning platform, the UKZN Moodle features:
- Support systems enabling the functioning in multiple languages
- Database activities
- Content management
- Regular examination and assessment
The current University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) infrastructure facilities adopted by Moodle enable it to support a wide range of plug-in options like graphical themes and content filters, enrolment and authentication processes as well as resource and question patterns.
Since the inception of the Moodle@UKZN, University of KwaZulu-Natal among others schools have been operating smoothly.
As the day goes by, expectations have risen as to what services are offered from a college or university and how they are delivered and with this, a student portal has been made available in University of KwaZulu-Natal. Whether you’re enrolling as a new student or supporting a current student, a portal is a cornerstone technology for delivering the content, applications, and services needed to be a successful student.
The University of the Witwatersrand, University of KwaZulu-Natal Student Portal provides help for the student to perform certain academic actions such as:
- Check University of KwaZulu-Natal Course Registration,
- Fees Payment,
- Exam Results,
- Admission Online Application,
- Application Status,
- Acceptance Fees Payment,
- Access to library and bookstore,
- Academic Calendar,
- Application Status and more.
Whether old or new students, the UKZN moodle has made access to information very friendly.
STEPS ON HOW TO ACCESS AND ENROL FOR THE UKZN MOODLE PORTAL SYSTEM.
The following is a guide on how to enrol for the UKZN moodle System.
- Open your internet browser e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, etc.
- Go to UKZN Moodle Login Portal (moodle@ukzn)
- Select Log in
- Once logged in, scroll down the page to Course Categories. Select your School
- Select your course or check for your course in your department.
- You will then see the content for your course.
Forgotten your username or password?
- To reset your password, submit your username or your email address below. If we can find you in the database, an email will be sent to your email address, with instructions how to get access again.
University of KwaZulu-Natal Student Portal & Registration links are for Students, Staff, e-learning and online application.
However, to gain access to the UKZN student portal and application status, you’re required to register and login with your username and password.
- University of KwaZulu-Natal Semester Registration Guidelines & Portal >>>
- University of KwaZulu-Natal Self Screening Portal >>>
- University of KwaZulu-Natal PGCE Application Forms >>>
- University of KwaZulu-Natal Registration Dates and Deadline >>>
- University of KwaZulu-Natal Email Address >>>
- How to Login to your University of KwaZulu-Natal Student Mail >>>
- How to Access the University of KwaZulu-Natal eLearning Portal >>>
- How to Access the UKZN Learn 2021 Edition >>>
- University of KwaZulu-Natal Student Central >>>
- University of KwaZulu-Natal Resumption Dates >>>
- University of KwaZulu-Natal Application Deadline >>>
- How to Access for University of KwaZulu-Natal Online Application Forms >>>
- View University of KwaZulu-Natal Prospectus in PDF >>>
- University of KwaZulu-Natal Postgraduate Online Application Procedure >>>
- University of KwaZulu-Natal Admission Requirements >>>
- List of Courses Offered at University of KwaZulu-Natal >>>
- University of KwaZulu-Natal Fee Structure >>>
- University of KwaZulu-Natal Admission Points Score and How to Calculate your APS >>>
- How to Check your University of KwaZulu-Natal Application Status >>>
- University of KwaZulu-Natal Academic Calendar >>>
- University of KwaZulu-Natal Application & Registration Fee >>>