The application for the Discovery Foundation Sub Specialist Awards for the academic year 2021/2022 is now open by Discovery Foundation for all South Africans in South Africa.
The Discovery Foundation hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the 2021/2022 Awards. It is meant for students that intend to, or are currently studying towards degree programmes that are aligned to the following listed below:
- Sub Specialist programmes
DISCOVERY FOUNDATION SUB SPECIALIST AWARDS APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
- The applicant must be registered as a Specialist at the time of their application.
- Preference may be given to applications for research support from those disciplines considered as having a shortage in the healthcare system, and that have been accredited by regulatory authorities.
- Preference will also be given to an applicant who has already been identified by a host institution as a fellow eligible for sub-specialist training.
- Institutions should only support applications for HPCSA-accredited subspecialist training that is preferably in areas of particular need. The Discovery Foundation may consider applications for other programmes at its discretion.
- Those who are already in a funded sub-specialist post (i.e State funded post) are not eligible this Award.
- Applicants must disclose if they have co-funding from other sources for the post i.e. from Province.
- Recipients will be expected to comply with all the requirements for subspecialist qualification. If possible, the application should
include a guarantee from the candidate’s ‘home’ institution to create a two year position for the candidate upon the completion of training.
HOW TO APPLY FOR DISCOVERY FOUNDATION SUB SPECIALIST AWARDS
How to apply:
- All applications must include letters of support from both the relevant department and the Dean of the faculty. Each institution is also required to indicate the number of applications being submitted, with the respective discipline areas.
- Preference will be given to applications underpinned by structured inter-institutional partnerships that indicate a process through which trainees will acquire skills at an established unit that can be transferred to their home institution.
- Institutions must give attention to recruiting trainees included in the scope of Black Economic Empowerment. Faculties may apply for these awards in different disciplines
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted on or before 23 October 2021.
- How to Apply for the SAMRC RCDI-nested Postdoc Fellowship >>>
- How to Apply for the CETA Awards >>>
- How to Apply for the Unisa Honours Awards >>>
- How to Apply for the GrandWest Awards >>>
- How to Apply for the UWC Financial Aid
- How to Apply for the FoodBev SETA Research and Innovation Awards >>>
- How to Apply for the DAC Bursaries for Heritage-related Studies >>>
- How to Apply for the Multichoice Awards >>>
- How to Apply to the University of Nairobi Research and Innovation Fellowship >>>
- How to Apply for the NRF Postgraduate Scholarships >>>
- How to Apply for the Vaal University NDT Level Certification Awards >>>
- How to Apply for the GCRA Awards >>>
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on Facebook & follow us on Follow @EAfinder OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.